Cheap as Thermostat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it tho...where do you think the $80 thermostat comes from? I bet 99.9% of the time its from Chine or japan. Enough said, cut the middle men out, get it cheaper!

as i stated i use these for over 12 months and they work great i have 2 thermometers 1 at each end and they work great couldnt recommend them enought

I am sorry but why do people insist on buying cheap crap.
You get what you pay for and then we will all get to hear how your cheap as thermo cooked your animals.
Spend the money and you will get years of no stress use.

Im sorry but ur a fool if u rely on a thermostat to not cook ur animals cause ur heating wrong and don't check on them often.
Thermostat should b kind of a back up to counter the weather and keep a solid temp range.
ur heating source should be no where near hot enough to cook ur animal without the use of a $100 plus thermostat.

You kind one across as the type who doesn't interact or monitor ther animals enough and relies too much on expensive equipment.

If someone has one or 2 snake enclosures to heat, maybe they can afford to buy expensive thermostats. I have 6 enclosures and am doubling up (1 thermostat to 2 heatmats) because I cant afford the $100-$120 for a pet shop thermostat (I do use an in enclosure thermometer and a laser thermometer to check gradient in the enclosure without thermostat)

I for one will be looking at these and appreciate the link from davo, cheers mate

I think that whether it is a cheap or expensive thermostat researching your products is very important with features and limitations and functions. This is so you know what to expect from the product you end up purchasing.

All of you peoples who have been overseas or regularly shop overseas would know that Australia is quite an expensive country... I can even buy stuff from America and it is still much cheaper (with postage) than I could get it here, and that was before the strong Aussie dollar. China supplies most of our
electronics anyway, and if it's crap- well you've lost all of 13 bucks

Just a few questions and i have not read the data on said t'stat....does it fail to off ???? and is it just ur usual on/off t'stat ?? just quirious.

It's just ur usuall on off but give it it a wide range there's not much on/off.
i set mine to turn off at 32+ with the thermometer head 20cm down on the warm side Workin perfect so far.

Just beacause. I also recommend ceramic heat bulbs, for us cheapies ther only $15 on eBay instead of $50 at pet shops, perfect radient heat source and last for ever, with little energy use.

Buy one and find out josh.... they're only $13

Test it for a few weeks (with no snake) to find out.... thats what I am going to do ;)

Yeah I was going to anyway, I am just impatient lol.
I just read on the Ebay description that they shut off/on -1/+1 of the setting temp

Cool... I reckon I might have to splurge and get a few :lol:

Only thing is, then I'll need some more snakes to use the thermostats on... hehehehehe

yes but when pluged into wall the unit is upside down... doesnt matter if you do what most do and plug it into an extension lead..

thanks for the link mate ill be getting for myself to try, that price there worth a try

I splashed out on one of these cheap crap things and you can have mine, if you collect it! I plugged it in and the sparks flew... thought it was the power board, changed the board and it still sparks so turned it off and not game to plug it in and leave it on whilst I'm not home! then just not game to plug it in... I was silly enough to buy it as the combo set with the heat mat... heat mat seems fine.... I've just one a new one on ebay for $50 the same one that I've used for the past 8 years... worth the money, worth the peace of mind!...

I splashed out on one of these cheap crap things and you can have mine, if you collect it! I plugged it in and the sparks flew... thought it was the power board, changed the board and it still sparks so turned it off and not game to plug it in and leave it on whilst I'm not home! then just not game to plug it in... I was silly enough to buy it as the combo set with the heat mat... heat mat seems fine.... I've just one a new one on ebay for $50 the same one that I've used for the past 8 years... worth the money, worth the peace of mind!...

did u buy the same brand thermostat as the one that is linked to the ebay page? or a different one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back