Cheap (Varanus kingorum) on Herp trader

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHERPS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
These sound real cheap!

Advert on HerpTrader:

Long-tailed Rock Monitor (Varanus kingorum) hatchlings $550 a pair!

Neil that is cheap!!! I paid $500 each for mine which included free freight and I think that was a fair price. I think the restrictions with monitors like these on the Class 2 licence in NSW and the small number of species that is permitted in VIC is the reason monitors like these don't sell like hotcakes. These are at present my favourite reptile that I own and full of character. Small monitors (or any monitors for that matter) are simply awesome and if people can afford these guys, I say GO FOR IT!!!

Simon Archibald

Simon,
I would jump at them, if it wasn't for the fact that they need to be fed more often than the snakes, I like to go on Holiday now and then ! LOL!, and don't know of anyone in my area that would Monitor sit for me!
A real shame!
Oh well, have to stick with the pythons for now!

Simon, where are these photo's of your Kings you promised to put up?

Neil,
At the stage I informed everyone of the photos, I was only going to take pics of the V. kingorum. Since then, people have asked to see photos of my Sand Monitor setup (especially after I wrote the caresheet) and the Lacie pit. Since I don't have a digi cam myself, I will need to borrow my sister's. Since she is obsessed with hers, I'm waiting until everything is completed and then will take photos of all the different things people have asked me to see, as well as some other stuff. But I guarantee they will be posted, probably within the week after 28th August, when I do get the Lacie.

As for monitor sitting, I would be quite happy to do it. I could use an enclosure here if you were really that keen on getting them. If it's only your holidays that are holding you back, I'm usually available. I've limited myself to going only on short holidays (1 week or less) and only once a year. I'd only ask $5 a week food money and if you weren't able to get them to me (here in Newcastle) I'd be more than happy to come down or meet you halfway.

Simon Archibald

Hi Simon,
Look forward to seeing the photo's.

I will pm you in regards the other.

Cheers,
Neil

If you were desperate for a baby sitter Neil, I would be happy to oblige, given some notice I could set something up for them on a temperary measure.
I know if I had the $$ i would get them for sure.

But I want some Bredli too......

I think you would find there would be plenty of ppl to offer you assistance in baby sitting Neil.

You would more than likely have to pick their preferred place of residence while your on hols. lol

Neil - I'm not far and you have only to ask and I'll babysit (monitor sit :?:) for you.

Thanks Sheri.
I will let you know if anything comes of it.

Thanks also to Simon and Hugsta for your offers.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back