Corn Snakes in Australia

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you from Made in China?
It's only illegal if you are in Australia....

If you are... I'd get yourself on the phone and report your corn snake and the breeder ASAP if you want to avoid fines and possible jail time...

Or just tell us who you are and where you are from, the name and address of this breeder, and one of us will make the call for you!!

It is illegal to trade in exotics period.
Any exotics that were declared during an amnesty a few years ago(not sure when exactly) are exempt with conditions attached.The conditions are that they cant be sold/traded or bred.
There are also no plans in the immediate future for another amnesty.

cheers

Im pretty sure the anysty thingy was 1996. I dont like corns anyway they just dont look normal. Aussie snakes ill go for any day there the most pretty snakes of the lot. And in America theve turned there beardies into freaks like i was on an american beardie site they were going on about pastel silver beardies or something like that god i hate it also theve turned corns into freaks try to name every colour corn in america. Well thats just what i think about exotics and what reptiles have become overseas.

I agree 100% with you there BS,
I cant help but feel these people are involved in the trade of reptiles for financial benefits and not the conservation or interest in the hobby itself.
The same thing has happened with gold fish and koi carp in the aquarium hobby,and after many different mutations/inbreeding etc they have a variety of colours and markings at the expense of a fish that has suffered in many ways.

You could say the same about dogs and cats... and many more!
Dogs that can hardly breathe because they have been bred to have squashed noses, etc.
Recently I found the most apalling website about a group of people in the US that breed cat mutations. They have ended up with a cat whose knee joints are backwards to the normal way... don't worry about the cat's quality of life, because it looks weird and people might pay good money for it!
I also visited a croc zoo in Borneo where they had bred the mutations so they had crocs with no legs, crocs with no tails, crocs with only one eye, etc. It made me want to puke!

i love corn snakes!
During lunch we used to get them out and play with them.

But i wouldn't illegally keep them. I think you should tell NPWS.

oh, by the way, it was at the reptile park during work experince

spilota_chic said:
:D eheh I smell a troll .. I like corn snakes too but ooo they're illegal yup, illegal only if you tell other people you own one that is ...

Ohhh I think that you will find there is no clause in the law that stipulates something is only illegal if caught doing/owning/having/smoking/etc it. :p

Report anyone with illegal reptiles. coming into contact with them can harm your own collection with the possibility of different types if infections from the 'aliens'.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back