Cranky after feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Velxinone

Hello I have a centralian carpet python Around 5-6 months old and shes only had her first feed in my care on monday since then she is all cranky and strikes alot i was told by the shop i purchased her from not to touch her for the first 2 days after feed so i did that and now she likes to strike. Before feed she was lovely still is a just a bit nippy is this normal as this is my first snake / reptile

thanks

Currently Feeding her " Fuzzy's "

She sounds like shes still in hunt mode cause shes hungry. Try the next size up

So does that mean I should feed her 2 on Monday because the pet shop I got mine from said she was feeding on fuzzys

Or or should I feed her another one today

Well.... if shes still hungry. Feed her one today then wait a day or 2 and feed her the next one. When you run out of fuzzies, go get some weanling rats and give her one of those every 4 - 5 days

A full content snake is alot less likely to be snappy because it basically cbf becuse its got a full tummy. So feeding her weanlings will not only giver better nutrition but it will hopefully make her less snappy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, alot of pet shops are known for giving wrong information or are just product pushers. They also feed them smaller food items to keep the animal smaller while trying to sell. Not all places are like that but quite a few are. She definitely needs to be on weanlings. She will be much happier for it :3

Not necessarily hungry. May just be stressed from the move. Leave her alone for a few weeks to settle in. Once she's fed four or five times without any issues you can start handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back