Custom enclosure build

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnyfront

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm just about to start to build a new enclosure out of a tv cabinet I'm going to run virides tracks and 5mm thoughened glass I'll post pics up soon of before and after. Should be fun.

Sorry I haven't put pics up haven't been on the computer I'll make sure tomorrow night I put some up. Just ordered a classic rock wall from Ben stein at Stein Enclosures | Custom Reptile Enclosures

IMG_0771.jpgIMG_0770.jpgI say if your going to do it do it the right way.

Cabinet has been fully sanded and stained once again and custom air vents cut into the sides just waiting on the rockwall which will be in the next 2-3 weeks and order the glass and that's it. (posting pics tomorrow night of progress!)

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0798.jpgIMG_0799.jpgIMG_0800.jpg
- - - Updated - - -

Pics are up ^^^

Last edited:
Would love to see the enclosure however the photos are not working? Something about invalid links.

I just sent a set of tracks off today to Victoria, might be you? :D

Yer Scotty that's me mate haha I'll load em up again sorry guys.. On it now

Last edited:
The vents are exactly like the ones (I almost bought) from Bunnings!
I like them better now, I should have got them...

Good work ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cheers man its coming along, going alright for a first build...chippie by trade though so no lee way for me haha

Just a quickie... Why are the vents both at the bottom?

The reason I'm asking this, I built mine a while ago and found this while researching:
rusyzaja.jpg

I'm about to build second one like this:
evaqazyh.jpg
and wonder if I should follow same method? Cheers

Last edited:
I find the higher the vents the more heat you lose just remember its for ventilation, and to keep the heat in better to be at the bottom I have a albino Darwin and his never on the ground (very rare if he is) I kept them 130mm from the bottom of the tank. Depends how high your tank is. You can do it that way but in my eyes your heat source is going to be getting a work out. Having a vent on each side it's going to have good ventilation anyway man so it should be fine which ever way you go

Last edited:
Thanks.

If you read the bottom note re vents it explains why I built them at different hights.

Thanks for sharing ;)

I put my vents in reverse. Hot end vents up high and cool end vents down low so that my hot air escaped at the hot end therefore leaving the cool end cooler... It seems to work ok. o_O

So your enclosure is always cool, no hot air inside cause it escapes straight out, is that right?
WRONG VENTS.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No, Its hot at the hot end. Its not like there is a breeze in there lol. But the hot air escapes at the hot end, so the cold end stays cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

I just found when i was setting it up that I had trouble getting a globe that would make the basking spot hot enough, without making the whole enclosure to hot. Its quite well insulated and even with the vents in that position the thermostat has to kick in to keep the enclosure cool enough. But then, its a four bay.. so there is extra heat with them on top of each other..

Ok. Now it makes sense, the other enclosures help keep it warm too...

I never thought about a bay, maybe I'll build one, so my 2 snakes are together instead if two separate enclosures.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back