Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smacdonald

Reaction score
Copied from my blog.

--

Day six saw us heading from Girraween to the small township of The Caves, just north of Rockhampton. We camped at a campground there, where I discovered that the tent I had brought with me lacked any tent poles. Good work, Stewart.

In the morning we spent a few minutes poking around an area of limestone scree. We saw a number of skinks species in the one area. The vegetated fringes were inhabited by Carlia schmeltzii. The rocky areas contains Morethia taeniopleura and Eulamprus tenuis. A fallen tree in the middle had some Cryptoblepharus pulcher running up and down it, but I didn't manage to get any photos of them.

Habitat of Morethia taeniopleura and Eulamprus tenuis in the rocky areas, Carlia schmeltzii in the forested edges, and Cryptoblepharus pulcher on a fallen tree in the centre.

Eulamprus tenuis

Eulamprus tenuis

Morethia taeniopleura

Carlia schmeltzii

Carlia schmeltzii

Carlia schmeltzii leg mites

At night we went for a drive and a walk.

Coastal carpet snake (Morelia spilota mcdowelli) on the road. He scooted off and disappeared into the bush as we got near him

Gehyra dubia

Oedura monilis

Green tree frog (Litoria caerulea)

Salmon-striped frog (Limnodynastes salmini)

From here we headed towards Charters Towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back