Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripsnortstafford

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a pic of our lovely Diamond boy. He's approximately 10 years old and roughly 7.5ft and so so placid and gentle. He was originally owned by a very close long term friend who had him from a young age but we don't know what age definitively so we've worked out approximately 10 years. I know next to nothing about snakes but what I have researched and read. I believe he is what would be classed as a Traditional Diamond but I can't offer any proof. While he doesn't seem to look like an Intergrade Diamond, that is still only my personal thought. I would welcome opinions and thoughts in the spirit in which these forums have been created, but please refrain from creating an argument or being overly negative.image.jpg I apologise for the picture not being so clear, it has pixelated when it downloaded.

Not sure as to species, but it's beautiful. Why would anyone give up something that beautiful?

What Herpo said. He is a gorgeous snake! I wish I had a diamond python since I have seen wild ones around and I think they are majestic. Diamonds are anyone's best friend. My only concern about diamonds is diamond syndrome though... But still they are quite nice. I honestly prefer the white ones but nevertheless he is beautiful

Bredli

Can never be 100% but looks pure diamond to me. Very nice, hard to tell from the pic but looks quite yellow?

Thank you all for such lovely words. We do love him. He does have quite a high amount of bright yellow throughout his patterning, his dorsal scales approximately mid section alternate between creamy yellow and a brighter yellow between the darker almost black scales. And along his length here and there as well as in the scales around his eyes and top of head are an extremely bright yellow. So I have wondered if perhaps he might carry the genes for 'high yellow'. As to why he was given up, his previous owner couldn't spare the time to handle him as he deserved and so he is on permanent loan with the condition that should he be unable to be cared for, his previous owner must have him back. Which is fine, everyone is extremely happy with this situation. The snake has a great home, he is very well loved and we have a beautiful specimen (if I may be so bold as to brag slightly) and his previous owner has access to his beloved snake if he wants to come and see him. Truly, if you told us that we would own a 7.5 ft snake five years ago I would have told you that you were nuts! But this snake has sparked a love of reptiles that I didn't think possible. He is a truly beautiful and handsome animal in both looks (bragging again, sorry) and temperament.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 314840Picture of the creamy yellow and brighter yellow scale sections on his dorsal scales. Approximately mid section to about a foot or so from the top of his tail. Hope that rather wishy-washy approximate of where this colour range is most apparent is not too vague. ????

Introducing Whiskey. Our new female high yellow Diamond Python hatchling from Shire Snakes. We feel very honoured to have this beautiful creature enter our lives and thank Mark, Tracey and Luke for parting with her and especially to Tracey for allowing one of her high yellow holdbacks to go. Whiskey is currently settling into her new home and we look forward to being able to begin handling her once she is settled and feeding well.View attachment 314867

Have to admit that hubby and I are a wee bit nervous about handling our new baby girl. She's settled well, had her first feed and ate her weaner rat no problems. She seems to be a bit feisty, we have an older snake and he's never shown any sign of striking or aggression. We're a bit worried that our natural reflex from being struck will scare both us and her but we are determined to ensure she is handled correctly to ensure a well rounded placid adult. I think she is well named Whiskey. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back