Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

draco

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Another newbie alert!
I'm brand new to herps - my 12 year old son has finally convinced me to allow him a snake. We have got ourselves a childrens python. He has some experience - I have none and would welcome any advice. I've been to the library and have some books, also checking the net. This site seems very friendly and informative. :D

what do u need to know just fire the questions and everyone is more than happy to help

Welcome to the site Draco and Draco Jnr :D

My advice......kiss your money goodbye....once you have one you can't stop there :twisted: :lol:

Oh and if it's books you're after, the Cogger bible is a must and John Weigels "Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity" is brilliant (IMO)

thanks for the warm welcome, i've just got the book by John Weigels. My experience has always been mammals but i'm quickly warming to these reptiles. :p

Welcome, welcome, welcome! You've done well purchasing Weigel's book, it's a great read for newbies.

Yeah, welcome aboard buddy :) Congrats on getting the post up :) (hehehe, private joke folks), Weigls book is great for newbies abd while Coggers is great too it is more of an identification guide and I guess you know what your Childreni is :)

Welcome Draco! I'm a relative newbie here- and everyones been awesome!

I have an 8 yr old (nine in july-she keeps reminding me!) who is reptile mad- she wants them all LOL!

We have a Stimsons python, and my daughter has two Northern Green Tree Frogs (Litoria Caerulea). We're planning on moving to NSW later this year, so I'm sure our family of reptiles will grow considerably then! (The laws in WA allow limited reptile keeping...so we're looking forward to going to NSW!

Welcome Again- if you have any problems- just holler....someone here is sure to have an answer for you!

Hello and welcome, i'm also a newbie and i must say for info this site is awesome, 99% of the time you dont even need to ask a question as someone else has asked and it has been answered..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back