eastern water dragon not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saikrett

Reaction score
my one year water dragon has been having some trouble eating.
I've been getting him out of the tank and stroking his jaw until he opens his mouth and then i put a cricket in.

This is all good and well until i need to put him outside and he is really big.

Any help will be appreciated

SCott

hey saikrett, I feed my water dragons a variety of food, from dog food, which I started them on by putting a dob on their mouth, and they licked it off, crickets and woodies, to pinkies, which they devour with relish, they went from pinkie mice, to pinkie rats the other day. I started them off on live ones, so they wriggled around, then moved them onto frozen as well. They appear to now prefer the mice/rats over all other food, but eat just about anything I give them. Except fish, I tried them on some, but they weren't impressed

:p Hey saikrett,just a coupla questions what temps do you keep it at?do you mist as well as water bowl ?whats your location?Alex made a good point do you change the feed?i feed all my dragons except jackies cat food non fish dog food fruits n veges aswell as roaches n crix occasionally i find they loove a variety. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back