Emaciated Central Netted dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mealworms! Feed primarily on repti-cal and herp-vite dusted crickets- dust heavily. Offer chopped greens with little bits of cucumber, eggplant, grated fine carrot, eggplant, dandilion flowers, and any leafy stuff other than lettuce, which has no nutritional content. Just leave it in a pile on a little dish somewhere cool in the cage, and allow the option once a week. Spray the walls of the cage etc for drinking water every couple of days.

She's looking much better!

Thanks serpent
That plan was pretty much what i thought as i thought they had similiar requirements to most other small dragons in terms of diet

So sorry to hear about your male passing away. I've looked after several severely emaciated Netteds and the odds were never good even with full time care. I did manage to bring one male back and he lived a good life for a couple of years. When he passed away I had a necropsy done and his liver was black and his heart very pale like he was anemic. Clearly he had lasting damage from his severe neglect.

I wish your female the best and am glad they were given to someone like you who is willing to put the effort they need into effectively full time care.

Please keep us posted on the females progress.

Update

Hi guys
I just thought id give everyone an update.
The little surviving female is a real trooper, she has bounced back to almost 100% condition of what i think would be expected for her age etc.
She is quite the character, when i was feeding an adult male in tub next to her a large woodie jumped in her tub, this woodie must have 3-4 times the size of her head, she then grabbed it and everytime i tried to get it off her she would run off as fast as her legs would go, she did not give up and eventually ended up with a bite size piece after playing "catch me if you can" for 10 minutes.
I got her a male that is in a separate tub and il introduce them when she is a bit older as he is an adult.
Note in the previous pics u could see on her legs that bones were sticking out, this is no longer the case.
The pic of the other dragon on the right is the new male
Thankyou everyone for your well wishes
Gex

Attachments

• 100_1513.jpg
    100_1513.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_1512.jpg
    100_1512.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_1511.jpg
    100_1511.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 67
She's almost ready for a diet Geckoman! Love your work.

Thanks Serpentes, yeah she is an absolute guts, I cant believe less than 2 months ago she was being force fed, now she is an eating machine!
Just goes to show that persistence can pay of and not to give up

Gex mate congratts on a job well done she looks absolutely amazing!!! Isnt she just beautiful and even more special for getting through what that poor little thing went through before she came into your capable care!! Good on ya, like you said let this be a lesson learnt by all Dont neglect your pets and most of all DONT EVER give up on them when they need you the most!!!

PS where did you get that boy? he would be a perfect match for my number1 breeding girl (colour variation and type)!!

Aw, I'm glad to hear everything is going well!
I hope you feel really good about what you have done for her :)
Well done!

Thanks guys,
Yeah netteds have always been one of my favorites, it blows me away how such a little lizard can have so much energy and personality

thats amazing, i had her as a goner, you should be proud for hanging in there for her, its all paid off, well done, and look forward to more updates

Fresh shed update,this is her first slough since i got her, to my amazement she is no longer red :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attachments

• 100_1621.jpg
    100_1621.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 59
Looking good mate. You've done really well and should be proud.

Fat little lizard she is now, like all female Netteds should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back