Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ok, so i want to get some more reptiles(mainy snakes) and im just wondering about how big things need to be. and also with pine being poison to them, is it just if tehy say eat it, or if they have anything to do with it(could the enclosure be made of it with a few coats of varnish stuff or whatever it is??)

ok back to the size. would 2.5-1-1ft be ok for a childrens python and about 4-2-1.5 for a woma?
what would be a good size for a boyds forest dragon, green tree python(is 45-45-45cm be to small) and a green/common tree snake? is hight more importent then how wide or long it is for tree dwellers?

with the hides how small is too small and how big is to big with both snakes and lizards(shinglebacks)

any info would be good thanks

forest dragons like to climb, aswell as green tree pythons and common tree snakes so 45cm by 45cm by 45 cm is way to small for them species of reptiles.

How is pine poisonous to them? If that were the case we wouldn't be able to convert all these TV cabinets into enclosures as they are almost all made out of pine.

This website has the fact sheets on most of the reps you are talking about, it includes how to set up their enclosures, size what should be in them etc. Also I had never heard of pine being poisonous for reps!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Childrens: 4x2x2 (LxWxH)
Woma: 6x3x2 (LxWxH)
GTS: ? Never considered keeping but make it high! (7-9ft?)
GTP: ? No idea on GTPs....

^^^This is what I would have, not everyone agrees.
Pine is only toxic when it is fresh cut or 'raw' as the odors disturb the snake and is considered poisoness as some have died from being exposed to raw cedar/pine.

Hides: Should be able to fit the snake in but they don't like BIG hides. They like to crawl into something that fits them 'snug'. Please correct me if I am wrong but I hear quite a few people saying this.
As for shingles a hide with room (Such as a hollow log) where they can fit under but still be able to move around

How is pine poisonous to them? If that were the case we wouldn't be able to convert all these TV cabinets into enclosures as they are almost all made out of pine.

awesome, thanks
i was thinking of that kind of stuff, cause i was kind of thinking of making the enlclosures but wasnt sure
i know it sounded like a stupid question,but i just thought id check

lol, any time i see a cabinet or something i can just see something living in there:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back