Got the new aviary!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cyber_crimes

Well I got the new aviary home today.I Have still got to get the green mesh to shade 1/2 of its area. I placed 1 big log from one side to the other and let my pair of darwins out there for 2 hours or so.
They didnt want to come back inside.They have never attempted to bite before and when I tryed to get the male off the log to return inside he was very cranky.He struck several times till I used the snake hook.I now have my coastals outside for awhile to see how they react.I hope this avairy isnt going to be a bad idea.

BTW they have never had branches to rest upon before.
That may be a reason for the agression.

Hey there Cyber,

Just wondering if you managed to get any pics of the outdoor shed you set up? I am looking to set up one myself soon, and would like to find out the best way to do it.

What materials did you use for it? I've heard you have to use specific materials to stop problems occuring from the snakes rubbing their noses on it and cutting themselves.

Any ideas you (or anyone) could give me would be great!!! :D

Thanks. Daniel

I am hoping to get some pics of it up soon as well as my snake collection.
It is a pre made aviary of galvanised steel and I also have been told to use colourbond sheeting or similar at the bottom to stop them from nose rubbing.

:p Hey cyber,i am very interested in the price on avairies,did you shop around or just get it.I am tossing up wether to get a pre made or make it myself just wondered if you looked into that aswell.Basically im just being lazy any info you may be interested in passing on would be greatly appreciated :wink: ,you can either pm if you want or post in here as im sure im not the only one interested. :p

I bought it 2nd handand it was originally purchased at kellyville pets. I could have made it myself but figured I was getting a good deal with this one and it was reasonably new so why not! I hadn't shopped around as I was very happy with the cost of this unit so I couldnt tell you the average prices sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back