Help to please identify this snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashy

Reaction score
Hi all,

My grandmother found this snake in her garden on the weekend, seems to be a baby but she freaked out and kinda stabbed it with the shovel. Im having trouble identifing it, can anyone help?

Attachments

• Snake 1.jpg
    Snake 1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Snake.jpg
    Snake.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 414
Looks like a baby Eastern Brown.
What State does your Granmother live in?

I was gonna guess collared whipsnake but others are saying baby brown...stripes are consistent to little brownie :D

we are in Sydney outskirts, at the foot of the Blue Mountains!!!

I feared it to be a brown snake... hope there arent more near by then!!

baby eastern brown..
next time call a licensed snake catcher they are free in NSW all reptiles are protected

Poor snake killed through human stupidity :(

poor snake if it was just a harmless tree snake, but since it was a venemous elapid i wouldnt worry too mush. as harsh as it sounds it better him to die than you or your grandmother to die

we are in Sydney outskirts, at the foot of the Blue Mountains!!!

I feared it to be a brown snake... hope there arent more near by then!!

Probably are more..we used to get browns in our backyard when we lived in Sydney.
No need to kill them..

poor snake if it was just a harmless tree snake, but since it was a venemous elapid i wouldnt worry too mush. as harsh as it sounds it better him to die than you or your grandmother to die

i disagree shouldnt matter there still as important and if she was fit enough to kill it then would have probably survived the quick trip to the hospital POOR SNAKE no matter what kind it is!!

id have to agree.... as much as i love my snake i have seen my fair share of dugites and tiger snakes meet an untimely death on the farm. my cousin was bitten by a baby dugite when he was little and take it from me its not something i care to see again... i think i can understand why youur grandmother freaked out a little bit, instinct and all that... and it WAS venomous.

i disagree shouldnt matter there still as important and if she was fit enough to kill it then would have probably survived the quick trip to the hospital POOR SNAKE no matter what kind it is!!

Yep. If she was quick enough and strong enough to kill it, then she would have been quick and strong enough to walk away. It takes more effort to kill it, than it does to walk away.

But i understand her wanting it dead, for safety reasons.

strong enough? did u see the size of the snake? it wasnt like it was a monster haha wouldnt of taken much

people don't get bitten by snakes they are walking away from

This little guy was picked up from a hospital in Western Sydney a few years back.
Alyn012.jpg

Unfortunately the the person didn't walk away. They really should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back