Hi everyone!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal1993

Reaction score
I'm gonna start building a cage for a new snake to buy, I've owned a carpet python and currently own a stimsons and would like to own an olive python. The cage will be roughly 1500x500x500 so it won't be small, where I am I'm 80% sure there is no breeders only a pet store which have limited access to snakes from breeds to sizes, olives are available but they either get adult or juvenile. Given the size of cage will am adult adapt ok to a new environment given its size of area or will it be a fail?

For an adult I'd have atleast 2500x1000x1000 at the smallest. Personally is go bigger.

Unless your talking centimeteres. Then youll be right :)

Also how is a pet store selling olives? I thought only children's and spotteds were allowed to be sold in stores

Well I'm not talking fully grown (still trying to get right terminology) sub adult maybe up to 1.5 not sure??? Does it depend on size of enclosure and overall attitude of the snake ?

Also not sure how pet shops run with snakes I know Darwin ones were selling carpets, blackheads all sorts !

It does dupend on size. It would be far too big for a hatchling but too small for an adult. I'd probably do some more research on them before buying one as they can be pretty unforgiving if you make a mistake being as large as they are.

At 1.5m that size enclosure would be ok for a little while. Keeping in mind length is more important then height for olives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back