Hi there I'm new here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday

Reaction score
Hi all I've just joined your site and am enjoying reading the threads.
It's been quite a few years since we kept snakes and even then it was only a couple of childrens' pythons and a lovely Water Python called Valentine as well as a couple of blue tongues. I got the snakes for myself but used the kids as an excuse, my husband is not much of a snake lover lol
My son gave Valentine to some friends in exchange for a bird for his girlfriend, which was sad as I had him from a hatchling and a few years down the track he was enormous and I loved him to bits. After that I gave the CP & the blues to friends as well as I was not that interested in those my dream always was to get a black headed python.
Anyhow back then there was no forums to chat and see other peoples snakes so I thought I'd join now , I'm hoping to talk my husband into letting me get my BHP - so far no luck but maybe when there are babies about he may give in and let me have one.
Currently we live in Far North Qld and I breed and rear my own racing Greyhounds love them to bits we have a couple of champs the slow ones are all here as well :p, I am also a mad photographer not pro just for fun but I do get the odd decent shot.
Ok sorry for waffling on thank you

Thank you for the Welcome :D Friday is one of my latest litter, a bit of a mummy's favourite.

Hi friday. Welcome to APS. I sent that email I promised you earlier. it is coming up to breeding season for BHP's so maybe have a look at this thread. People will start posting pic of their adults mating, so a pretty exciting indicator of what will be available end of this year. There are some pretty insane looking BHP around.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/show-black-heads-120960/

I'm here if you need help convincing your husband. :)

Megan

Hi friday. Welcome to APS. I sent that email I promised you earlier. it is coming up to breeding season for BHP's so maybe have a look at this thread. People will start posting pic of their adults mating, so a pretty exciting indicator of what will be available end of this year. There are some pretty insane looking BHP around.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/australian-snakes-37/show-black-heads-120960/

I'm here if you need help convincing your husband. :)

Megan

Thanks Megan, I got the email thank you and very nice boys you have there. I love the BHP thread and I'm definately stuck on either an Axanthic or Calico BHP - whether there are many/any hatchlings of these around I guess fate will decide huh
BTW Salem is racing today, he drew badly (5) but hopefully he can keep out of early trouble for once...
Forgot to tell you that Forge did a stopper tendon on his first ever 400m back in November, he was flying at the time.
Not sure if he will come back, it's been a long road. Damn shame !
Yes you may need to help work on the husband as well, he's worried about what the girls will think of a snake in the house..
I told him I want/need the snake for the grandkids, heh heh well it will be good for them as well :D

Welcome :) I'd like to offer advice on convincing your husband but a wife pleading with a husband is not a concept I'm familiar with. ALWAYS works the other way around in my house ;)

BTW, have you seen the prices of axanthic's and calico's?

Welcome to APS Friday, I'm also in FNQ (Cairns) and am cooling my big girl BHP "Eve" for breeding this year. Not that they need much "cooling" as our night time temps are still quite warm anyway! BHP's are a great snake, once they get used to handling as a baby they mostly settle down nicely, and grow into magnificent specimens, good choice!!! Cheers, Buzzy

Welcome :) I'd like to offer advice on convincing your husband but a wife pleading with a husband is not a concept I'm familiar with. ALWAYS works the other way around in my house ;)

BTW, have you seen the prices of axanthic's and calico's?

haha If it involves a greyhound he just gets asked to go to the airport and does not ask questions - for a snake hmmm I'm having some trouble but I'll get there heh heh
Yes I have seen the prices, it may take me a little longer but it is what I'm after so I guess I'll have to admire from afar until I can get the money together.

Welcome to APS Friday, I'm also in FNQ (Cairns) and am cooling my big girl BHP "Eve" for breeding this year. Not that they need much "cooling" as our night time temps are still quite warm anyway! BHP's are a great snake, once they get used to handling as a baby they mostly settle down nicely, and grow into magnificent specimens, good choice!!! Cheers, Buzzy

Wow Buzzy would it be at all possible to meet with you one day ? I would absolutely love to see your girl if possible.
I live in Innisfail but come to Cairns regularly. If not I totally understand :)

No problem Friday, PM me and i'll shoot through my number for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back