Hiding Snake!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so 2weeks ago I got my DP

since then it's always been hiding apart from
When it came out for like 20minutes last Monday (which was a week after I got her) for a feed

I haven't really touched her much, the pics I posted on another thread were the first time I held her, and that was because I accidentally almost flooded the tub

I'm trying to leave her alone, but just wondering if there's any reason she would be like this

Temps are fine 30-34 on warm side,
22 on cold, she has stuff to climb on, humidity is 45%~

But yea, she's either in her hide or in her hide

I don't think she's going to shed which leads to next question, do albinos have same signs they are about to shed, besides the cloudy eyes? (Pale scales, pinky underbelly)

Also judging by pics on other thread are fuzzy mice too small,? I seen people say fuzzy rats are the general start for dps, but they honestly look WAY too big for her, she's kind of tiny <3

https://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/threads/new-baby-d.220710/#post-2498246

I start all hatchies on hopper mice so imo fuzzies are to small :)
It's possibly she is just a timid hatchie and prefers to hide rather than be in the open :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's possibly she is just a timid hatchie and prefers to hide rather than be in the open :)

When I got her out at the breeders place she was all out and about :x

And thanks for telling me hopper mice haha, I was looking at both the other week and just wanted to play safe since it's like a 1hour drive to Richmond for decent priced snake food

Should I feed her maybe 2 fuzzies a week?(every 3 days?) till I run out then go up a size?

Should I feed her maybe 2 fuzzies a week?(every 3 days?) till I run out then go up a size?

In your other 'meet peaches ' thread, the second pic down,on the left of your hand that bit of body, she'll be able to eat easily that width! you could go 1.5-2x that and she'd eat it.

I wouldn't stress about her hiding alot, she'll come good. Probably cruising around while your asleep :) Just try and take her out every couple of days starting with 2 or 3 minutes then let her go into hiding again. Obviously leave her after feeding or when in shed. Soon enough she'll realise that they're isn't any danger

If it is in an enclosure, it might hide away more if it feels threatened by the open space.

When ours were hatchies, some would hide away in their hides, or under the paper towel. Others would just sit there, "eyeballing" us.
I wouldn't stress. It's what they do.

Glad to know it doesn't just mean a husbandry problem!
Thanks peeps :) ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back