Hot, humid and the wifes away

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
first off were the first 2 SES and the GCS I saw. It was a hot and humid trip and all the herps were very active. I did not get a shot at either of the PTS nor at the other two SES. The BTS was on bitumin and I am very reluctant to stop there. The snake also took a bit of effort to miss with the car but miss I did :)

Attachments

• DSC_2182.JPG
    DSC_2182.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_2187.JPG
    DSC_2187.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_2190.JPG
    DSC_2190.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_2227.JPG
    DSC_2227.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 115
next was a TFM. I'm fairly certain that this is not a reptile and that technically the photos are not that good ( I had the F-stop up too high ) but I get a buzz at shooting* these guys

* with a camera of course

Attachments

• DSC_2236.jpg
    DSC_2236.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 150
I really need to get a new camera :( the photos I got of the 6ft coastal carpet I saw tonight were crap not to mention that I was too slow to get the Keelback:cry:

Lastly this chick. From the very start of our relationship she made it very clear I was not to put a hand ( or any other body part) near her without permission and that permission was not forthcoming. Anyhow, she photoed better than Naomi Campbell, is considerably less venomous and, fortunately for me, has less of a striking range

Attachments

• DSC_2204.JPG
    DSC_2204.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_2207.JPG
    DSC_2207.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 129
Lastly this chick. From the very start of our relationship she made it very clear I was not to put a hand ( or any other body part) near her without permission and that permission was not forthcoming. Anyhow, she photoed better than Naomi Campbell, is considerably less venomous and, fortunately for me, has less of a striking range

Shes much better than Naomi Campbell.... absolutely gorgeous

Great shoot's what camera are you using...?
I have got a special rig for night herping. Nikon D100 body with a Nikkor 105 micro lens. Light is all important so I also have a SB-900 flash ( big bikkies ) and to do the focusing I have a SUNBlitz Macro ring light. The body will be upgraded soon and a macro flash unit will be added, hopefully 9 but unlikely) before the gladdy Expo

nice pics, be good to find a stephens banded snake, going out this weekend to a spot to look for stephens banded snakes, common death adders, rough scaled snakes and burtons legless lizards.

Have you ever come across and Adder in your travles over the years around here Fuscus?
My brother found a Adder up your way about 2 weeks ago. First 1 he has found in over a year up there with lots of kms of night driving done.

My brother found a Adder up your way about 2 weeks ago. First 1 he has found in over a year up there with lots of kms of night driving done.
Sweet!
I know one has been found recently on the road I followed on Monday, so far thats my number 1 target, love them, and to see one in the wild would be amazing!

Last edited:
Im very interested in going herping with someone. So if anyone on the Sunshine Coast is willing to have me tag along pm me. I an new to the area and havent had much luck...I am located in Buderim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back