Houdini does it again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaotikJezta

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Plotting world domination from the depths of Hellb
Some may remember a while back my baby Gippsland water dragon managed to slip through the glass of the sliding doors. Luckily it was the middle of the day and he was active and running around and I found him pretty quickly. Well I fixed the problem. I was so paranoid that I check on them every hour when I am home and sometimes if a noise wakes me up, first thing I do is check they are still both there.. Went to the shop for about an hour max today and when I got home, only one dragon in the enclosure. I still cant figure out where he actually got out, no holes in the mesh etc, but moved the other one to another enclosure to be safe. I have looked for him all the places I can think of but to no avail. I am assuming that as it was nearly dark he has found himself a comfortable little nook and went to sleep. What I want to know is will he wake up and go looking for food when he gets hungry or will he just stay there. I am going to pull the whole room apart tomorrow and search if he doesn't surface in the morning. Any suggestions would be great. I am so worried about him, he is so tiny.:cry:

Last edited:
Don't worry I've had a few lizards run away including blue tongues and bearded dragons when I was a kid and my water monitor now.
They come up eventually, my water monitor was M.I.A for about 1 month or so i think longer.

Don't worry I've had a few lizards run away including blue tongues and bearded dragons when I was a kid and my water monitor now.
They come up eventually, my water monitor was M.I.A for about 1 month or so i think longer.
Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. I was just worried that being so small he wouldn't last too long with out food. I have put the crickets in the middle of the floor and some water down and tomorrow I might set up a basking sot and then I guess I hope for the best.

Haha there will be food everywhere in your house. Well I've got enough woodies around anyway. Don't forgot they can hunt. There will be insects everywhere you are not looking.
Set up a fake hot spot.
That worked once on my monitor but once they know you can find them, they never go there again.

Haha there will be food everywhere in your house. Well I've got enough woodies around anyway. Don't forgot they can hunt. There will be insects everywhere you are not looking.
Set up a fake hot spot.
That worked once on my monitor but once they know you can find them, they never go there again.
I meant the crickets in the container, not free ranging, lol

Will he miss his mate do you think?
and my house is like a freaking tribute to the living insects.be quieter in the rainforest at night.
and everyone will say not to worry but i know how hard that is......you will find him,i found Squish when he did the bolt one day on me.....he was in the curtains looking out the window.

Houdini Found safe and sound!!

Will he miss his mate do you think?
and my house is like a freaking tribute to the living insects.be quieter in the rainforest at night.
and everyone will say not to worry but i know how hard that is......you will find him,i found Squish when he did the bolt one day on me.....he was in the curtains looking out the window.
He might miss his friend, I think the other one is a little bewildered, friend gone then enclosure change over. I have daddy long legs all over the place and who knows how many escapee crickets. Hopefully he will come and warm up at the basking light I have set up.

YAY!! My son noticed him on the outside of the new enclosure about 5 minutes ago, curiosity must have gotten the better of him and he came to check out his new home and fell asleep on the outside of it. So happy the little dude is OK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back