How Often To Dust Crickets?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher69

Reaction score
G'days guys, I've got some Red Eye frogs, I would guess approx 6-7 months old now.
I feed them every 2nd night & I'm wondering how often should I be dusting the crickets w/calcium & vit. powder?

Is there any harm to too much calcium in their diets?

I don't think there's too much harm, it would more be how much it was costing you in powder. I dust my lizards crickets about once a week.

I feed mine every second day too and I dust then each feed which I got told was what the pet shop did. Although I have GTF they are pretty similar to red eyes.

Maybe someone can confirm this is ok?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

i have white lips, dainty's and eastern dwarfs... i try my best to dust them atleast once a week to a fortnight, if you have 'gut load' for you crickets that you feed them that also acts as vitamin but also before you dust the crickets maybe the night before feed them some of the vitamin powder and they actually eat it.... also it depends on weather your frogs eat the crickets straight away because if the crickets are roaming around the enclosure the powder can come off so its kinda pointless...

If I were you I wouldn't dust every feed, I do 2 out of 3.

The animals won't store any calcium if there is no need to, by dusting every feed it tricks their bodies into thinking there is an excess and that it's always available, by not dusting every feed it should be better for them in the long run.

Hope that helps

Cheers. I mean they're pretty small creatures...I'll def cut down to feeding them crickets w/calcium to prob every 2nd feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back