Huge snake in Malaysia - Killed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Archibald

Hey Simon,

Why post this "It's a fake photo - photo-shopped all the way and anyone who can't see that is a blind idiot. The snake is from a different picture and cut been placed strategically in the photo.

Anyhow if you want to discuss further your silly theories about how it could be real, explain why the snake, if it was "dug up", is resting over the BACK of the bucket - people this is NOT how you use these machines.
Also, if it was "dug up", tell me which of the 2 men in the photo was the one who climbed up on the machine and cleaned all the dirt off the bucket and made it nice and shiny for the photo. Either that or those Malaysians have clean, clear dirt that doesn't make your machine dirty when you dig."

and then subsequently change it to this "Silly"?

If you wish to such an expert about photo shopping maybe you should also be an expert on Computers in general as to avoid such problems as calling people idiots!!!!!

Just a thought mate. Wow I'm so glad to be back in Australia.

Cheers,

Shane

we work with these size excavators on the job and the bucket in the photo is a 900mm bucket and they measure 850mm across the bottom.transfering those measurements on to the snake puts it around the 4.5 meter mark or 15 feet which is still a decent size retic even though the depth of perspection in the photo makes it look alot bigger.
cheers
simon

I remember when Iwas living in Malaysia there was a newspaper article complete with pics of a python that had killed and 1/2 swallowed a rubber tapper.
The photos showed the dead python with only lower torso and legs visible from the dead snakes mouth, then another of the man after he had been extracted all boodied and slimey. I only wish that I had kept the paper.
These reports were not a rarity although I can only recall the one with pics.
I think the snake responsible was a Burmese Python.
Im inclined to believe this article - although I agree there is probably some photographic distortion of the true size - Its still a decent snake

Remind me to relate the story of being chased by a p***sed off cobra sometime

I agree the photo looks fake... but check the video...

[video=youtube;WGK2pvetbro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGK2pvetbro[/video]

well im from malaysia.. there are some really huge reticulated python in the wild...i doubt its burmese python....
I kept burmese and retic before where burmese are usually dog tame while retic are nasty at times...but i do enjoy keeping woma and some carpet python here in brisbane...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back