Huntsmans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was bound to happen eventually. This is Mama, or one very much like her, in my house.

This is a Huntsman.
I can comfortable tell you, it was the size of my hand.
I emailed a spider scientist and thats what he told me.
spider.jpg

I'm starting to get used to them now, enough that I'd offer her some food if I had any woodies. But I'm not going to pick them up. :D
Fair enough, I'd never touch one because spiders are generally paranoid - they have to be, they're near the bottom of the food chain.

Fair enough, I'd never touch one because spiders are generally paranoid - they have to be, they're near the bottom of the food chain.

I haven't seen it and it's only a theory, but I think the bigger geckos here will tackle them. As I mentioned above, I've seen a few smaller huntsmans with missing legs.

Just reading the stories was making my skin crawl, and now photos...

My greatest fear, out of anything, is to be driving on a highway and suddenly find that I'm sharing my car with a giant huntsman. I know that when it happens I'll have to conquer my fear and calmly pull over, then freak out. The alternative would be to freak out at 100km/h, swerve, hit something, explosions, fire, death. Not sure I could hold it together long enough to pull over safely.

I don't go out of my way to kill them though. I'd rather get somebody who doesn't have the crippling fear to relocate them for me. It's not the spider's fault that it's insanely creepy.

My greatest fear, out of anything, is to be driving on a highway and suddenly find that I'm sharing my car with a giant huntsman. I know that when it happens I'll have to conquer my fear and calmly pull over, then freak out. The alternative would be to freak out at 100km/h, swerve, hit something, explosions, fire, death. Not sure I could hold it together long enough to pull over safely.
Been there; it's amazing how your mind goes numb long enough to pull over lmao. The next step is shooting out of the car at 100km/h and remembering to watch for oncoming traffic...

I took 2 mates fishing one winter night out from Nelson Bay
About 3am Nick [big tough guy] screams like a baby
huntsman crawled onto his face
Joe [nother big tough guy] tries to kill it
runs back and climbs all over Nick
He bails straight over the side
Wont get back in the boat until I tell him its dead

I took 2 mates fishing one winter night out from Nelson Bay
About 3am Nick [big tough guy] screams like a baby
huntsman crawled onto his face
Joe [nother big tough guy] tries to kill it
runs back and climbs all over Nick
He bails straight over the side
Wont get back in the boat until I tell him its dead

LMAO reminds me of the time my family and I were holidaying in Kaikoura and my stepfather found a giant weta in his jockeys. He found it by putting them on.
I have never, to this day, heard a grown man shriek so loudly, or seen one try to climb up his own legs butt-nekkid on a chair quite like he did; we all came running. The weta was beauty!

I bought a bookshelf today. What does this have to do with huntsmans? Because all my books were stacked up in piles on the kitchen bench. Loading the new shelf, I picked up a pile at random - and Mama just happened to be hiding on the side. I'm not sure which one of us was more startled. I threw the books across the room and yelled in surprise. Mama fell to the floor - fortunately none of the books landed on her - and scurried behind the nearest box. I feel like an idiot.

First time I ever saw a huntsman I was watching t.v., as a massive huntsman snuck up beside me and scared the life out of me! My mum sprayed it with bug spray (snakeluvver is right, they just don't slow down) and then put it in a jar to keep it put until it died...
It took it ages to die and by then I had fallen in love with it, wanting to let it go only to be reminded by mum that I was the one screaming, ''MUM, GET THAT AWAY FROM ME...THAT MASSIVE SPIDER...KILL IT MUM!'' I was 'heartbroken'...:lol:

aww i only get the odd orb, Wolf and some black mean looking spiders around my garden every now and then i give them a woodie they seem to like them + i have WAAAYYYY to many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back