I think my snake is really sick.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not aware of any 24 hour veterinary clinics in brisbane that are staffed by vets with enough reptile experience to handle a complicated case, if you do phatomreptiles please let me know cause I'd love to be aware of it in case I do need to go there one day.

Thanks phantomreptiles, I do understand so people don't give a dam about their pets and that annoys me too. I did Google vets but not emergency vets, I didn't even think about that, I was panicking and I felt so helpless. She's in the best hands now and hopefully Deb can pull her through. My son nagged for a snake since he was 3 he got her for his 5th birthday he was a very sick boy at the time with his epilepsy so we gave in and got him one (I am terrified of snakes) but he really loves her. He has major learning difficulties and can hardly read but he can read about snakes. I will do anything and pay anything to save his snake, he needs her.

If anyone can, deb can!
Animal emergency services at underwood have had training by deb monks on how to provide correct care for reptiles
Animal emergency centre at woolloongabba had a vet on duty last night who has spent two years in hong kong just dealing with exotics, he works 3-4 nights there a week.
But yes when you are panicking - logic goes straight out the window, been there, done that, have the t-shirt
Have everything crossed for you and your family, including "Monty".

Just curiouse, was there any green in her urine or poo?

I agree AES in brissy would be the way to go, i had one of our clients go there after hrs and was referred back and i was plesently surprised that the treatment it had been given was well thought of and the the history rather knowledgeable. Funny now that i know Deb has done training with them. Soon enough a large percentage of vets will be confident enough to atleast start treatment of our scaley pets. The industry is growing fast. I am finding more interested and knowledgable students attending the lecutres i have performed and there was a large amount of veterinary professionals wanting to learn more at the last conference i presented at, so times are changing for the better i think.

If anyone can, deb can!
Animal emergency services at underwood have had training by deb monks on how to provide correct care for reptiles
Animal emergency centre at woolloongabba had a vet on duty last night who has spent two years in hong kong just dealing with exotics, he works 3-4 nights there a week.
But yes when you are panicking - logic goes straight out the window, been there, done that, have the t-shirt
Have everything crossed for you and your family, including "Monty".

That video was heartbreaking :(
I really hope you get the news you are waiting for.
Lots of positive thoughts for Monty.

Sinderella,
I do wish you guys the best. I shall be thinking of you and following any further progress reports, even though I may not post. I would like to apologise for the insensitive treatment you have received. I do not understand it myself. Take comfort from the fact you have been reassured he is in excellent hands.

Blue

Anyone…
Can anyone please explain to me why these oh so experienced, vet knowledgeable persons did not provide the location information of the reptile experienced and reptile competent veterinary clinics straight up? Instead, you spent your time and hers finding reasons to criticise. If you had that information at your finger tips, why was it not forthcoming? You accused of wasting time instead of going to a vet. Even with the missing comments, it is apparent that you were doing just that.

And how hard is to Google something for some in need? Not hard at all! If it is really urgent, you don’t give someone directions, you jump in the driver’s seat and say I’ll take you.

As for the treatment during transport and the blown light being responsible for the snake’s condition – totally irrelevant to the lady’s needs. Even the Mods could see that. My personal opinion – a load of codswallop. It is more likely to have been a viral infection that was contacted before they left. We shall just have to await the vet’s diagnosis.

Blue

Sinderella,
I do wish you guys the best. I shall be thinking of you and following any further progress reports, even though I may not post. I would like to apologise for the insensitive treatment you have received. I do not understand it myself. Take comfort from the fact you have been reassured he is in excellent hands.

Blue

Anyone…
Can anyone please explain to me why these oh so experienced, vet knowledgeable persons did not provide the location information of the reptile experienced and reptile competent veterinary clinics straight up? Instead, you spent your time and hers finding reasons to criticise. If you had that information at your finger tips, why was it not forthcoming? You accused of wasting time instead of going to a vet. Even with the missing comments, it is apparent that you were doing just that.

And how hard is to Google something for some in need? Not hard at all! If it is really urgent, you don’t give someone directions, you jump in the driver’s seat and say I’ll take you.

As for the treatment during transport and the blown light being responsible for the snake’s condition – totally irrelevant to the lady’s needs. Even the Mods could see that. My personal opinion – a load of codswallop. It is more likely to have been a viral infection that was contacted before they left. We shall just have to await the vet’s diagnosis.

Blue

I know that wasn't directed at me Blue, but I had messaged her with the contact details for a very good and reputable reptile vet in Brisbane last night not long after the post was made, unfortunately I was not aware of any after hours vets with enough reptile experience to handle such a case - so let her know that she would need to wait until the morning to go to the vet that I had recommended.

I am also surprised that the emergency vets details werent posted last night (as im sure the mods wouldnt have removed them) but at least Monty has held on long enough to reach the vet yesterday morning.

Great message Blue. Agree with you 100% I wish more people felt and thought like you do with regard to these kinds of things.

Any news on Monty yet Sinderella? I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how she's going.

That's good to know. Thanks.

I hate having to post negative things but given that some of the remaining comments made were so blatantly unhelpful, I shudder to think what the deleted ones were like. Put that into the context of this woman’s situation and the level of insensitivity beggars belief!

Interesting how the pretext of educating her is used. More a “look at what a good job I’m doing” chest-beating exercise from my reading. For example, she is corrected on use of the term hibernation but nowhere did I see an explanation of the difference between hibernation and brumation. Perhaps it was in one of the deleted comments… which somehow I doubt.

I must stop. I am angry. The injustice of it offends me. A “lower respiratory infection” looks much more like a central nervous system problem and that means a very rough ride… One would love to smooth it out, if only one could.

My apologies.
Blue

I still have all my fingers and toes x-d 4 you all! Hope you get some good news today!!

And I have to agree with you Blue!

That's good to know. Thanks.

I hate having to post negative things but given that some of the remaining comments made were so blatantly unhelpful, I shudder to think what the deleted ones were like. Put that into the context of this woman’s situation and the level of insensitivity beggars belief!

Interesting how the pretext of educating her is used. More a “look at what a good job I’m doing” chest-beating exercise from my reading. For example, she is corrected on use of the term hibernation but nowhere did I see an explanation of the difference between hibernation and brumation. Perhaps it was in one of the deleted comments… which somehow I doubt.

I must stop. I am angry. The injustice of it offends me. A “lower respiratory infection” looks much more like a central nervous system problem and that means a very rough ride… One would love to smooth it out, if only one could.

My apologies.
Blue

I think Helikaon's post has been misinterpreted - I think he was trying to point out more so that the animals do still come out during warmer periods even in winter, rather than correcting the terminology for the sake of it.
In his defence regarding the lower resp infection, he did also say that it could be a range of other things - I think you should be more angry regarding the obviously unhelpful and probably just plain nasty posts that the mods felt the need to delete as these were a clear waste of time and had no intention of providing any help what so ever.
I cant agree with you more that there was quite a large amount of injustice in this thread, it irritates me as well. If people are going to get on their high horse they could at least offer some helpful input.

Deleted as no longer relevant.

Last edited by a moderator:
If wishes were fishes... there would be one hell of a shoal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back