I think we just found a corn snake!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite normal to see exotic species in Australia now... look at me, I came from Italy 12 years ago and I've been running around naked in the Aussie outback, grazing in people backyards and eating your native wildlife ever since... haven't been caught yet lol, but a few people reported me to the EPA hahaha....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, about that. I've noticed the gov have set up a hotline for hunting you down, enough is enough. Just like the fox in tassie, I believe its dead or alive, and the bounty is very reasonable too.

exoitcs i will have nothing to do with the people that have any thing to do with them thay are illigale and can cause problems with our enviroment any one knows some one with exoitics should call the epa or customs exotics snkes in australia form the us can carry ompv witch our captive snakehave no deffence aganst i hope this one was located and delt with

exoitcs i will have nothing to do with the people that have any thing to do with them thay are illigale and can cause problems with our enviroment any one knows some one with exoitics should call the epa or customs exotics snkes in australia form the us can carry ompv witch our captive snakehave no deffence aganst i hope this one was located and delt with

Technically the category exotics counts for all species of reptiles, small mammals, and fish; despite their locality.

Also, referring to the original subject, I had no idea that colubrids like corns could have such an impact on Australia, but it definitely makes sense considering the climate there.

And for the person who said corns are venomous, they do not have venom glands and don't secrete venom, but like many colubrids their saliva can be an irritant but could not cause any serious harm to humans.

Cheers,
-Jess

blackcrystal22;1655832 And for the person who said corns are venomous said:
Jess, you may want to read the following paper, Fry, B.G & Wuster, W. (2004) Assembling an ****nal: Origin and Evolution of the snake venom proteome inferred from phylogenetic analysis of Toxin Sequence. Molecular Biology and Evolution. 21(5) 870-883

This area of science is in constant change and the most recent work revealed venoms in snakes previously thought to be non-venomous.

All the Best.

PS . Language protect is editing the title:rolleyes:, so take it as, "Assembling a (collection of Weapons)

I jumped on petlink to see if there were ads for corns - and there's nothing. Whoever said there was is full of s---.

I think corn snakes are beautiful, that is definitely a find and a half. But I agree, report it asap

Similar issue guys - there is a guy on a car forum that I am on who is flaunting owning a corn snake and being an absolute d!ck about it and we think he mistreats it - what can we do about it!? I am in QLD

One thing that gets me is when i read these type of messages, and see people on here saying report it, call the dec, Exotics are Bad rah rah rah - but I know that some of those people own them

Does anyone from QLD know WHO to report him to?

I assume they will be able to track him down through the forum...??

This is what he has said about his "pet" corn snake:

"Like most snakes and some humans, it smothers its prey lol"

"I don't tell people this just so they think I'm brave, but my snake has no fangs... When i provoke her, she hisses and launches at me or if my hand is there, it tries to strangle it lol"

"I've also been attacked a few times, but that only because i provoked it lol"

When someone said we should report him because its illegal:

"Report me. I double dare you. The world is full or keyboard warriors and fags like yourself"

He is a d!ckhead! I will report him and hopefully something will be done about it soon

This is what he has said about his "pet" corn snake:
"Like most snakes and some humans, it smothers its prey lol"
"I don't tell people this just so they think I'm brave, but my snake has no fangs... When i provoke her, she hisses and launches at me or if my hand is there, it tries to strangle it lol"
"I've also been attacked a few times, but that only because i provoked it lol"
When someone said we should report him because its illegal:
"Report me. I double dare you. The world is full or keyboard warriors and fags like yourself"
He is a d!ckhead! I will report him and hopefully something will be done about it soon

I fume just reading about idiots like that :evil:

Does anyone from QLD know WHO to report him to?

I assume they will be able to track him down through the forum...??

DERM - the epa part. they have an investigations unit that looks into this stuff. get some evidence, like screen shots etc and be ready to mail them to.

number is 1300 130 372

DERM - the epa part. they have an investigations unit that looks into this stuff. get some evidence, like screen shots etc and be ready to mail them to.

number is 1300 130 372
Wonderful - thank you :) I will let you know progress if there is any
I actually found the guys rego and vehicle make as well from a photo he posted up, thats pretty good info I think!

I had a guy come and do my foxtel the other day, and he got interested in my snakie...I asked him if he like snakes and he told me that his friend had just bred some and got 9 babies so i asked him what they were and he quite openly told me that they were corn snakes...the conversation quickly died when I told him they were illegal to own let alone breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back