I think we just found a corn snake!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stevo2, do you actually know of anyone with exotics??? I do, and they are held on an international license, something that was issued out during one of the first amnesties. These animals are boas. Funny how they aren't spreading disease and threatening our native wildlife because a piece of paper deems them safe. So someone finds a loose corn snake, it's been out there doing Lord knows what already. I'd say until it was found again the horse had already bolted. Have a think about it. What I'm saying is pretty valid.

I dont know anyone keeping exotics (reptiles, that is). The fact that there was a corn snake free in the wild kind of proves your point invalid. Your mates keeping them on licence are doing the right thing. The same cannot be said about this snake that was kept illegally without any controls. Are your mates free to trade their boas, or offspring, however they want?

Anarchy is the disregard of laws for the individuals gain, doing what you want because it suits YOU and not any concern for anyone/anything else - how is this any different? You have a choice everytime there is an election - if you dont like the laws, and cannot abide by them, then maybe you'd be better off in another country.... Or go into politics and make the changes you so desire.

I'd hardly change my vote because some shiny pants phobic has made a law about snakes I dislike :lol: But I get your point ;)

Maybe I should live in the States, they seem to have everything over there..... and those horrid diseases that seem to be sweeping through everyones collections and wiping everthing out! :lol:

Also, no, they are not free to trade or breed them. These animals have to remain with the keeper or be euthanized.

Does anyone on here jay-walk??? That's illegal also! :lol: You BAD people!!!

Maybe I should just say that I'd rather have and enjoy the reptiles we have, disease free (well, free from exotic diseases), than NONE. I'd also like future generations to be able to do the same. I'd also like to take a walk in a national park, etc, with my grandchildren, or great grandchildren, and be able to see SOME native Australian wildlife that hasnt been out-competed by some feral exotic......

Do you mean a thread on here about reporting him or about having an illegal snake?
I am just wanting to confirm that the owner of the corn snake I have reported is from a different forum and from the way he is talking, he abuses the animal as well. That is half the reason I have reported him

I need to get onto a computer where I can email print screens of what he said as they do not have access to the forum... and I am on my work computer and we dont have hotmail, so I cant email :( Will be doing it tonight or tomorrow at my partners

But yes I am assuming that it should be quite easy with a rego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back