Import/Export licenses in NSW to cost $30

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already over two weeks since I sent the paperwork in for an import from QLD... wonder if they'll charge me $20 or $30. Would think it would be the former, but goddamn. I predated it by a couple of weeks, but I now have 29days for it to make it through before the damned form is out of date, and I havent even got it yet... Think I'll email 'em tomorrow if they haven't taken it by midday.

If I lost paperwork in my position, I would be fired on the spot. You guys should form a more official group about the issue and contact the department. When you don't get an adequate response, bombard the ACC and whoever else you can. Then when you have 1000's of pieces of documented evidence, go to Today Tonight and they'll make a sob story out of you and see where it goes.

I like the idea of going to today tonight, because the more people aware of this unneccessary insanity, the more chance of a change.

Will

The increases are pretty modest. Most of the rabble rousers on this thread probably spend more on booze each week than the cost of a 2 yr licence. I know I do. Get over it.

Where does all this money go? What is it spent on? Who are they accountable to? And what the bloody hell is going on....

Exactly what i would like to know..

The increases are pretty modest. Most of the rabble rousers on this thread probably spend more on booze each week than the cost of a 2 yr licence. I know I do. Get over it.
i think you will find the main issue is they are charging more than the other states and take about 8 times as long to do anything. Import/export lic at $30 ea and at least 2 weeks compared to free and within a week in other states. 7 weeks to get an R1 keepers license whereas you can do it online in other states. If they were on top of their game i wouldnt have an issue with the price increase

i agree with the cork soakers comment too

Its the first fee increase in ages. Did you think they were going stay the same for ever?

I've noticed that each State does things differently. Its one of the little quirks of a federal system. Does NSW really have such a bad system? Are reptile keepers suffering from over-regulation and inefficiency? Wandering around a few expos this year it didn't seem things were that bad.

yeh they are hopeless................................................................................................................................

Surely if a government department gets more money it will run more effficeiently, soon they may be able to start regulating the goldfish trade too :lol: Your wildlife department seems as good as your league team :lol:

City Rail have been putting up prices for years with the quality of service apparently improving. It would seem they feel an increase of 20% on a 1 year license and a 50% increase on import permits will fix the problems they have created.

well here in NT we don't pay for the licence to keep and we don't pay for a import/export licence ether and there pretty quick to send you it to max 2 week but I've had one sent to me within days.

but I'd like to know this, when I move to sydney will I need to pay for a import licence? and is that just one import licence per species or do I need to get one individually per snake? also would I need to organise changing the licence over when I get to Syd or a month before I get there?

If the increase in the fees goes towards making the place more efficient then I am all for it.

My question is why does all the paper work have to be processed by a clerk when you could do the same thing online with minimal human imput??? (other states can do it online and for less)

Just like so many other government agencies these days where they forget they are employed by the community to provide a service.

If you want to voice your concern then write to the minister and the premiers department as they are obliged to provide a reply. If enough people write in about the same thing then it may promote change.

"the office phone lines are only open between 8.00 am and 12.00 midday , so leave a message."!

What the?

I know what message i'm using if they come to inspect outside those hours. What's good for the goose ...............

Considering they are THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT, CLIMATE CHANGE & WATER.... you would think they would be promoting paperless record keeping considering its the greener option, better for the environment, save the trees and all that ;)

Hypocritical much? What a joke!!
Never let common sense get in the way of the almighty $$$ :|

It's about time the whole issue of licensing was deeply scrutinised. Wokka is absolutely correct to ask what purpose it actually serves in the first place. We are not talking about 'fauna' in the accepted sense anymore - these captive bred animals are more properly referred to as 'pets.' They are not threatened (far from it), they play no part in 'the environment,' they may not be released, for the most part they are born, live & die in private hands. DECCWCS has now produced a list of numbers for possible hybrid combinations for carpet pythons, none of which could ever occur in the wild, but which they insist (by way of the need to hold them on licence) pertain in some way to conservation values.

I could understand the need for licensing if a species was part of a managed breeding program, or in some way threatened, but the tracking of pet reptiles in the manner done now serves no purpose whatsoever, other than keeping a department full of frustrated people engaged in an increasingly pointless activity.

DazMc, there is far more at stake here than a simple increase in fees - as has been pointed out in this thread, the service is abysmal and there seems to be no acknowlegement of that. If it was amatter of better service=slight cost increase, few would complain.

This story is Federal Deptartment of Climate Change and we deal with the NSW Department of Climate Change.. but I'm wondering if there's some link between the two? check out where our tax dollar$ are going..

Kevin Rudd's Department of Hot Air costing taxpayers $90m | Herald Sun

TAXPAYERS will fork out $90 million a year to keep more than 400 public servants employed within the Federal Climate Change Department - despite most of them now having nothing to do until 2013. More than 60 of them are classified as senior executive staff on salaries between $168,000 and $298,000 a year. Their salary bill alone will cost an estimated $12 million every year. A further $8 million will also be paid in rent for plush offices at Canberra's Constitution Place until 2012, where it is believed 500 new computers will be delivered this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back