Is it really that important?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all who replied, i knew it was that big of a deal, but i was just sick of being looked at like i was a weirdo or like i hate kids. I love kids i just dont think they belong at a wedding.
Thanks again guys and gals.
Dani xx

Sorry Dani you don't get off the hook that lightly.

Just because it is OK not to have a Flowergirl or Tony-in-a-dress, does not mean that you are not a weirdo.

By October Lucian would probably make a nice minder of the rings, (in an Adam and Eve kind of way)

I can see it now Tony wakling up the isle carrying Lucian. The rings being taken off Lucian placed onto you.

OK your only weird if you are weirder than me !

mmmmmmmm like ppl keep saying its ur day,so its ur way.

so is their a groom??? cause i always thort it took 2 to get married??? so its not his day either??? does he not have an idea on what he would like to have/havenot at the wedding?? or isnt he allowed cause its not his day??

so is their a groom??? cause i always thort it took 2 to get married??? so its not his day either??? does he not have an idea on what he would like to have/havenot at the wedding?? or isnt he allowed cause its not his day??

Yes he is he has as much say as i do. We both agree about the kids thing i just wanted to know what others thought and if i was weird for not having a flowergirl and paigeboy. My fiance is the type who says all the time to me, all i want is to marry you and thats it, and im happy if you are.
It is his day as much as mine im not by any means a brideszilla at all.

Sorry Dani you don't get off the hook that lightly.

Just because it is OK not to have a Flowergirl or Tony-in-a-dress, does not mean that you are not a weirdo.

By October Lucian would probably make a nice minder of the rings, (in an Adam and Eve kind of way)

I can see it now Tony wakling up the isle carrying Lucian. The rings being taken off Lucian placed onto you.

OK your only weird if you are weirder than me !

Yes i can also see that Tinky but mostly everyone at the wedding is a sook when it comes to snakes, i hate that it annoys me so much. I would love to have all the reptiles as a part of the big day but i wouldnt want them to have to put up with the idiot's that most of the guests are (mainly family) So its for there own good and sanity that they dont partake. And i dont know a good reptile therapist to send them to if they did go afterwards.

Jac Jac Jac ....
i said it was up to BOTH of them its BOTH their day.......
Its Both them that have to suffer each other for the rest of their lives
always waking up beside the other lol ....

Thanks Froggy, although i dont mind the putting up with him for the rest of my life lol. :) Hes a great guy.

yeh dani...he says that about u 2 hahahahahahahaha...... i dint read ALL the post kell :D :p just the ones on the page i answered on lmaoooo

ok im confused. anyways so its def final now no flowergirl or paigeboy, and im not weird (well maybe i am) but not this time. :)

your confused ? Ok I will break it down for you,

1 Your Blond
2 Your getting married
3 No Page Boy
4 no Flower girl, (though tony is standing by with a dress ready just in case)
5 BF gets equal say
6 No reptiles due to venomous family
7 still confused, see point 1

Here to help,

Cheers Tinky

We're in the middle of planning our wedding and the only reason I'm having a flowergirl is because I have a niece and I want her to be included, the same as my fiancee has a young brother who he wants to be included. If we could get away with not having children at the reception, we wouldn't be having them at all. Do what you think is right, don't worry about what anyone says. My family wanted me to get married in Victoria and have the princess wedding, my response was 'Sorry, but we're getting married in QLD!' They just had to deal with it

The only thing that is necessary at a wedding, is whatever the bride and groom want.
Anything else is superfluous. You do not have to have children at, or part of your wedding if you don't want to.
Having just organized my daughter's wedding, with massive help from her sister (thanks JoceyFisch ;)), I have some pretty strong views.

You also do not have to say yes, when, after the invitations go out, you get relatives ringing you up saying 'oh, can Mary's boyfriend come too?'
Mary and John have been together for like 10 minutes..... :x
Or my daughter's prosepective Mother-In-Law who wanted to invite her friend....
We had 4 or 5 such phone calls.
MY Mother-In-Law pressured me to have 5-6 bridesmaids because 'it adds to the spectacle' :rolleyes: What the? I had 2 bridesmaids ;)
Gosh, I will stop now, or this will turn into a novel...... :lol:

Michelle

+1. No silly dressed up kids at my wedding, no dogs, and no guests I don't know but I'm obliged to ask because such-and-such wants them to come. If there's complaints, I'm happy to elope in Barbados.

When I get married there won't be any kids there. Kids get bored, and the also the last thing I would want to hear is a kid screaming while I'm trying to say my vows :( If the kids parents kick up a stink about not being able to bring their kids, I might just uninvite them.

People seem to forget that a wedding is about the two people getting married, not THEM. I guess some people are just too selfish to understand that.

sometimes tahl...and sometimes,the ppl they would ask to mind the kids....are the ones getting married lolol they might be the only ones they know and/or trust with said ankle biters/rugrats/garbage disposals :D :D

When I get married there won't be any kids there. Kids get bored, and the also the last thing I would want to hear is a kid screaming while I'm trying to say my vows :( If the kids parents kick up a stink about not being able to bring their kids, I might just uninvite them.

People seem to forget that a wedding is about the two people getting married, not THEM. I guess some people are just too selfish to understand that.

Agreed, and yes if their parents kick up a stink i will be saying well dont bloody come either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back