Japanese imports *cars*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to own mazdas and datsuns. Built them up from the ground. Too many to list. My last car was a S4 13BT Rx7 with a T04z. Made 315rwkw on 1bar boost. Sold it to fund my current house. Mates still have some nice rides. Some mates also drift some nice S chassis nissans and the occasional jzx100. I'm fair over fast cars now. Wasted so much cash. Reicently bought a Jeep Cherokee Xj. Best thing I ever did. Love 4x4. Still wouldnt mind a mint r100 or rx2 in the shed. One day.

It is a coupe, and it was hard to find one that hadn't been thrashed but I finally did, it was owned by An old bloke who only drove it on weekends, I took my mechanic with me and he said it was top notch, oh and it's manual.. I wouldn't have it any other way!

I love v8's, I've grown up around them, my dad is a huge v8 enthusiast.. He refuses to drive anything else... But I'm just really into drifting (not in a hoon way. on the track) and if I could afford a Silvia I would of gone with that, but for my price range I believe the r33 was my best bet.. Glad to see some other car enthusiasts regardless of if u like v8's or turbos!

Last edited:
JAS101 won't like it because it's japanese and doesn't have 8 cylinders and a blower.
lmao , did u not see my post - i used to own mazdas [ last time i checked they were jap cars ] go on ausrotary and type in JASRX [ btw thats me ] u will see that i have built a couple of tough rotors over the years ........ i also downt own a v8 lol i never have [ i never said i did] it was just an example . i own a straight 6 barra engine [ if u know what that is]

The usual battle of greyhounds vs racehorses always boggles the mind

lmao , did u not see my post - i used to own mazdas [ last time i checked they were jap cars ] go on ausrotary and type in JASRX [ btw thats me ] u will see that i have built a couple of tough rotors over the years ........ i also downt own a v8 lol i never have [ i never said i did] it was just an example . i own a straight 6 barra engine [ if u know what that is]

/x\ pride. Another old school Ausrotor freak. I miss the old days when forums weren't full of know all ****ers.

Had the best time going to Jambo. Made the commute up from Adelaide to spectate about 4 times. Those PR cars when they came over were mad!!

Hahaha, nah mate, no clue what it is. I'd call it a DOHC i6, easier to determine which i6 you're talking about, as the e and a series were single sticks. But I've never done engine conversions on fords and have no clue what I'm talking about ;)

Interesting all this talk about 'handling & power' from Jap cars, yet there's nothing about EVO's or STI's. Maybe if you'd been to the track you'd be talking about them. Having done more track days than I care to remember, I've never seen one of these 'grey imports' go around Mallala, let alone be quicker or handle better than some of the Commodores & Falcons. You don't see any 'grey imports' at the track (no, don't mention 'drifting' LOL)... probably because a) they really don't handle any better than granny's Corolla & b) they're all driven by pre-pubescent, pimple-faced teenagers doing their best to kill themselves on the street. It's a real shame.

I think some of you need to grow up (before you're a statistic), leave the traffic light GP behind you & visit the track. FWIW, my daily is now a Landcruiser :)

Agreed.
It all comes down to personal pref at the end of the day.
I have mates that are into drag racing and mates that are into track racing. It is a totally different world.

...sounding like it has a cold when changing gears
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Love it.

Seriously though, what's the go with the car named "Sylvia"?!? It seems to be a bit of a favourite with the hoon-heads around here. But Sylvia? Could you get any more of a limp-wristed, weak-arsed, girls-blouse of a name for a car?

Hahaha Always a topic at hand, dont get me wrong, I respect V8's but they are all Torque and no traction, even in saying that, I have a mate whos VE SS puts out 450hp at the rear treads, My 310hp rex demolishes it...Every time (and this guy can drive) even at a 60km/hr run I am able to get ahead. Nothing at all beats a boosted GTR 34-Thats my dream car-Hopefully my next one. And not much beats the imports. My other mate with his 417hp evo chews down his mates 700hp twin turbo'ed 2010 HSV....Little embarrasing really for the v8's lol, Can't even keep up with a 4cyl!
But good convo and major topic of discussion ;)

Interesting all this talk about 'handling & power' from Jap cars, yet there's nothing about EVO's or STI's. Maybe if you'd been to the track you'd be talking about them. Having done more track days than I care to remember, I've never seen one of these 'grey imports' go around Mallala, let alone be quicker or handle better than some of the Commodores & Falcons. You don't see any 'grey imports' at the track (no, don't mention 'drifting' LOL)... probably because a) they really don't handle any better than granny's Corolla & b) they're all driven by pre-pubescent, pimple-faced teenagers doing their best to kill themselves on the street. It's a real shame.

I think some of you need to grow up (before you're a statistic), leave the traffic light GP behind you & visit the track. FWIW, my daily is now a Landcruiser :)

Well have you ever actually driven one man? yes you may have done more track days then you can remember but what did you drive? Same car time and time again? Handling in both the subaru's and mitsubishi's are superior to your fords and holdens, common sense says 4 wheels spinning will stick you to the road better then 2. I have driven HSV's, FPV's, Imports and even exotics (2 lotus's and a porche). Now the lotus handled better then all but was running fat slicks. The holden was crap, slid out round a round about at 35km/hr when my subaru can take the same thing at 60km. Unless you have driving all types of highly modified vehicles you have not experienced the handling capabilities of them! Out of the new vehiles (last 5-6 years) the awd import's have always handled better then the fords and holden's. All the track days I go too the GTR's and porches dominate the field leaving the 6L goon bags behind. The evo's or sti's that go are usually stocko and driving by enthusiast for the handling capabilities and cornering. Top speed is not their forte unless highly modified!
But as for the comment about the pre pubescent teens, I completely agree until the P plate laws came into place resticting these vehicles to be owned until people were off their 3 years of P plates.
Out of the 45 people in the AWD club I was in I was the second youngest at 23! Majortiy of the guys were 26-35

Everyones different :)

Last edited:
ive got a stock as a rock 34 mate and i love every part of it, and whoever likes fto the front wheel drive slow Mitsubishi peice of **** should have the big euthanasia needle

I think evo's and rexys are fantastic and agree that around the track they are the way to go, in fact the first car I ever drove on my L's was a WRX and then my dads clubsport which I also think is insane. I personally just like drifting and you can call me 'a hoon who is just going to be a stastic' and I also am not a pre pubescent teenager. when I am driving to and from work I take it very easy and consider myself to be a safe and responsible driver. as I like to take care of my car, but on the track on the weekends it's a different story.

I think evo's and rexys are fantastic and agree that around the track they are the way to go, in fact the first car I ever drove on my L's was a WRX and then my dads clubsport which I also think is insane. I personally just like drifting and you can call me 'a hoon who is just going to be a stastic' and I also am not a pre pubescent teenager. when I am driving to and from work I take it very easy and consider myself to be a safe and responsible driver. as I like to take care of my car, but on the track on the weekends it's a different story.

Agree'd, There is a time and place for driving and also I can't bloody afford to be continually "hooning" with the cost of fuel at the moment haha I am buying a 50cc scooter next month lol. $6 to fill in comparison to $75-$80 haha.
Also on the hoon topic every car doing donuts and making smoke and tyre screeching noise is often a holden or ford....RWD, doesn't happen often for AWD vehicles

Agree'd, There is a time and place for driving and also I can't bloody afford to be continually "hooning" with the cost of fuel at the moment haha I am buying a 50cc scooter next month lol. $6 to fill in comparison to $75-$80 haha.
Also on the hoon topic every car doing donuts and making smoke and tyre screeching noise is often a holden or ford....RWD, doesn't happen often for AWD vehicles

couldnt agree more, if I drove like a hoon all week my whole pay check would go to fuel! also agree that its always commodores and fords that you see doing burnouts.........but not gonna lie, I love a good burnout.

While we are on the 'burnout' topic which im sure no matter what type of car your into every car enthusiast like a good burnout, heres a sneaky pic of me in my old VE on Australia day having a bit of fun

425879_2725442333284_1173918271_32255259_218481117_n.jpg

Last edited:
The holden was crap, slid out round a round about at 35km/hr when my subaru can take the same thing at 60km.

I don't know what sort of commodore you where driving but my misses 6cly VY has no trouble getting around round abouts much faster than 35km/hr

Each to their own I say, import 4cyl don't really do it for me but credit where credit is due there are plenty out there with some impressive figures.
Beafed up 4x4's is where it is at - does it count as a jap import if I put a 1uzfe into my hilux? cause that is whats happening later this year (possibly blown if I can find the $) best of both worlds.

All this talk about power and handling and for the most part you can't legally use most of it on our roads.

Cheers
James

I don't know what sort of commodore you where driving but my misses 6cly VY has no trouble getting around round abouts much faster than 35km/hr

Each to their own I say, import 4cyl don't really do it for me but credit where credit is due there are plenty out there with some impressive figures.
Beafed up 4x4's is where it is at - does it count as a jap import if I put a 1uzfe into my hilux? cause that is whats happening later this year (possibly blown if I can find the $) best of both worlds.

All this talk about power and handling and for the most part you can't legally use most of it on our roads.

Cheers
James

You all are Jokeing right I have a vu ss ute and I can say honestly it depends on your quality tires cheap crap slides!

Cheers Brenton

His tyres were $2,000 for 4. It was slightly wet and I had turned traction control off earlier that day (when I said slid out I didn't mean completely flick the tail out-it lost traction and slid alittle)...does that make more sense? But my WRX doesn't have "traction control" and my tyres cost me $150each (Nexen N6000) and even with over 300 ponies at the wheels I still can't spin the tyres (Unless the roads are soaked haha) and when I nail it around a corner in the wet if it slips as soon as I accelerate...BOOOYAAAAAAAA Back on track. Logically RWD with no weight on the back treads (as they are front engine-like 99% of cars) its not surprising they slip, spin etc etc.
Fact of life!

Agreed awd/4wd are a lot harder to spin. Also if tires where 2k don't mean there good and where they new or bald, how was the alignment and suspension and diff ratio all factors on making a wheel rotate with/without traction. It's only my two bobs but all in all a Subaru wrx will Handel 10 times better then a commodore unless it's a new Holden and a crap clapped out subey then that's different.

Cheers Brenton

Silvias aren't all JDM imports, there are ADM Silvias and there were ADM R32GTR's. There's a reason the R32 was banned from bathurst mate, they were a street car with some boost and they raped the falcons and the commodores, they even put a weight penalty on them....

You can't argue that a HUGE long wheelbase family car will handle better than a light, small jap car. It's not true, jap cars out handle, and with the right mods, out power aussie muscle cars. They don't even need to out power them, because they are quicker even with 100KW less....

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Love it.

Seriously though, what's the go with the car named "Sylvia"?!? It seems to be a bit of a favourite with the hoon-heads around here. But Sylvia? Could you get any more of a limp-wristed, weak-arsed, girls-blouse of a name for a car?

It's "Silvia" and I suppose Eleanor is so much tougher, aye? Cars are referred to with girls names, I guarantee if someone took you in a silvia with some work, you wouldn't be worrying about calling it a weak arsed car, because your **** would be puckering. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back