Jungle python feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bumble

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey peps just a random question . Does it matter what time of the day/ night I feed my jungle ? I have the temp set at 27-28 hot end and 22-23 cold end . Jungle is just over a year old too if that matters . Reason I ask is that I have gone from day to night shift so it makes it hard to feed at the time I used to cause I am asleep and the other half is at work in the day . Any help would be appreciated
Dez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah that shouldnt effect your jungle python... just try not to handle him for a few days after feeding

Jungles are more active at night as with most morelia species but I feed my jungle during the day so it doesnt really matter

He normal is a lot more active at night I used to feed him around 9 ish but can't now , I will try a early morning feed when I get back home 630-7am and see how it goes. Thanks for help
Here's my baby :)
maqagu3a.jpg

He normal is a lot more active at night I used to feed him around 9 ish but can't now , I will try a early morning feed when I get back home 630-7am and see how it goes. Thanks for help
Here's my baby :)
maqagu3a.jpg

only fussy feeders take better after dark... If it's a good feeder it won't matter what time of day u feed.... Would put warm end to 31/33 tho

I've never had a issue feeding so hopefully the time of the day won't matter too much .
@ midsreps ok then thanks I will up the heap to 32 , what about the cool end ? Is that temp ok or should be warmer/cooler ??

Cool end is fine... Ps @bumble when quoting don't leave a space between the @ ;).....ha ha u did lol

Last edited:
Awsome thanks heaps for your help , I will let you know if I have any troubles

@midsrep :) lol thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldnt matter at all.
As Stated bump up hot end.
And in all honestly ive never taken a temp check of my cool end. My Snakes have always eaten and always shed properly.

[MENTION=21106]Londos1990[/MENTION] - hot end has been bumped up to 32deg now :)
the only reason I know the temp on the cool end is cause I got a digi temp that came with 2 probes , I was just looking at the single probe but there was 2-3$ difference so I just got dual.

You Shouldnt have any issues with it being bumped up now.
Give it 5days an offer another feed.
Its a good idea 2 have two probes just not a necessity.

Is feeding going fine?
and has snake become more active?
Kyle

the only reason I know the temp on the cool end is cause I got a digi temp that came with 2 probes , I was just looking at the single probe but there was 2-3$ difference so I just got dual.

Hi Bumble, are you able to post up a link to the dual probe thermometer you bought. I want to get one for my click clack, one for over the heat mat and the other at the cooler end.

Thanks

Marty

[MENTION=39963]Marty75[/MENTION]
I binned the box but here's a pic. Got it from Pet Barn believe it was $18 or close to it.
qe4ymepy.jpg

[MENTION=21106]Londos1990[/MENTION] yeh his feeding good now he takes very early morning feeds when I get back from work , his been a bit more active but been in his hide for about 6 days think his going into shed as his eyes have gone blue and his looking very very dull

Awesome sounds great.I wouldn't worry. if he is feeding all is good.Only had my womas 2 months. and they do nothing but sit in there hides. although there heads are always out. they will come to me when i walk past. but apart from that very inactive. nothing to be concerned about tho.

@Marty75
I binned the box but here's a pic. Got it from Pet Barn believe it was $18 or close to it.
qe4ymepy.jpg

Does pressing the grey button swap between the readings of the two temp probes? I haven't seen one before, it looks like a good idea.

[MENTION=37955]Lawra[/MENTION]
Yeh the grey button switches between the 2 probe . And you might not see it but left hand side of the LCD is "B" ( black probe ) and once you press the grey it shows "W" ( white probe) .
I think it's great idea and like I said you get change outta a $20 which is always a good thing lol

[MENTION=39613]bumble[/MENTION] cheers :) That is a good idea. I bought heaps of single probe thermometers from eBay and have cords going everywhere lol.

[MENTION=37955]Lawra[/MENTION] Lol yeh I seen a few set up like that and it just would have annoyed the crap outta me in time , I have almost everything hidden other then the temp reader , wanted everything looking as natural as possible, now just gotta work out how to have the same heat but without the red globe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back