Keeping blotched blues in north qld

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phil_england

im curious as to how the blotched would go up northern qld with our humidity?? we have northerns and eastern blues and am thinking possible respiratory problems for the blotches....any help or thoughts would be appreciated:D

Correct me if people think not but wouldn't blotched blueys go the same as northern and easterns?

I think blotched blue-tongues can manage the same conditions as easterns

It's stumpys, centralian and western blueys that would have trouble with R.I

cheers as was worried if my partner purchased some we would be doing the wrong thing buy them.also a so called expert at a local pet store told me ages ago that they wouldn't cope up here. however at the time I didn't ask what he kept either.

Blotchies wouldn't do well in most parts of north Queensland. Exceptions to this would be areas of very high altitude, where it's considerably cooler at night and in winter.
It's not so much the humidity that would affect them adversely but the generally much higher temperatures. The Blotched Blue-tongued Skink is adapted to live in very cold areas, especially the Alpine Blotched Blue-tongue. If you don't live at very high altitude or intend to use an air-conditioner your animals will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back