knob tailed geckos??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedohara

Reaction score
i have a tank about 1 1/2 feet would this b ok for 1 knob tail gecko seeming that they only grow to about 10-13cm ?? n what heating would i need and do they need uv light ? all new 2 the reptile game hahah:)

it should be fine for 1 knob tail. How deep and high is the tank?
They only need under tank heating via a heatmat. I would strongly suggest running a thermostat to the heater. Run the heater under 1 end of the tank and get the temps to 30 degrees.

Yes the size is fine for 1. You meed to get the substrate to at least 32C a heat mat or heat cord under the tank controlled by a thermostat will do fine. No they dont need UV

Imo that size tank would be fine for a juvi but not adequate for an adult.
I use heat cord for heating & no UV is not necessary.
Depending on what type of knobtail you plan to keep will decide on what temp they should be kept at ,. ie Smooth Knobtails I keep at 28 up the warm end , where as Rough knobbies I keep at 32 up the warm end.

Just curious, I thought people kept smooth knobtails in enclosures of these sort of dimensions? (I'm guessing 45cm x 20cm roughly)

Smooth Knob tail I would keep in the dimensions but the OP said 10-13cm which is Amyae size. Of course Gecko :) might still use larger for smooths as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back