Man 'tried to take snakes on a plane'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been reading this forum for quite a while, but think finally thought i would post something

at the moment in europe, you looking at between 12-15k euro, so 24-30k aussie dollars for 07 or 08 het albino pairs. So i reckon they probably undervaluing at 20k aussie for a visual. On the other hand though, the amount of potential people willing to spend that much money must be pretty small.
Im an aussie living in europe, and have inquired a few places about availability and prices. I do find it funny that all the breeders, straight up say that they got lucky and bred the originals in captivity, i reckon you gotta better chance of winning euromillions every week for a month. Im 100% sure all the albino carpets over here, have come from smuggled stock. You have got to wonder about the albino blackheads though (as has any actually ever been recorded in australia yet???) I understand it is possible, but its pretty coincidental that the same breeder also produced the first granite carpets;)

It seems australia really needs to change there import/export laws, i understand why animals maybe shouldnt be allowed to be bought INTO australia, as i could really hurt our flora and fauna, but exporting things out, i cant see where the problem is, are there actually many diseases for example that australia has that isnt already everywhere else in the world? The amount of money the government could reap from exporting australian species to the world would be huge, and its not just for reptiles, look at kangaroos for example, we culling big populations, and shooting them as pests, but over here you can spend 5k on a pet kangaroo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back