Many Mertens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmylizard

Not so new Member
Reaction score
20130210_125050.jpg20130210_123709.jpgWell after after a big drive on Wednesday to Litchfield I was shattered to see a total of 3 dead Mertens Monitors on the road. As if it is not enough that they have to deal with the influx of toads and feral cats. I have seen first hand people crossing the road to hit something and I know no one on this forum would be guilty of that.
Anyway I went for a drive today and when we stopped at our destination to have a swim I was delighted to see not 2 but 3 Mertens Monitors at this swimming hole. The only unfortunate thing was these monitors were so friendly that I sat with them for Half an hour while they walked up to me and at times over my shoes. There was a big male that kept chasing off the smaller monitors which I am assuming where females. It was unreal a one in a million event. I had Mertens hanging around me like pigeons in a park. So to top it off when we were swimming one of the smaller monitors came in the same swimming hole with us. I tell you it was amazing as I was wearing goggles and was watching this monitor only 2 feet away under water. I am so thankful for this opportunity.

20130210_125205.jpg20130210_123316.jpg20130210_124944.jpg20130210_123752.jpg

That's awesome mate your very lucky. Hopefully no unscrupulous children born out of wedlock take advantage of these stunning creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back