Moderate Me!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for Brendan too... I can never be a mod here because Greebo hates me lol... I've never understood why though...

Jamie.

poor old Jamie :lol:

Brendan's original post is a good one and I agree that something needs to be done. Maybe making a few sensible members that are online a lot 'deputy mods' that have the ability to stop threads, delete posts and threads (all temporarily) until an actual moderator can assess the situation and either re-instate the material in question or leave it gone.

I agree with Brendan that it would be a much better idea to make it a consensus between a few deputy mods rather than leaving the power in a single individuals hands.

But as waruikazi put so succinctly :lol: maybe everyone should try getting along a little better :D

I would give MrB a vote ....
It's got to be a tough job , especially with all the bickering on here..
I have been modding on a tattoo forum for a bit now and it can be a lot of time and effort .....
But do think there could be room for a few more mods on here considering the number of post per day , im sure they could use a hand

The ideal moderator needs to be impartial and able to look at both sides of a situation.

Especially when psychopaths come in and start up threads with different usernames all the time!

Maybe we should have a vote on a few more mods ... like pm someone who we think would be a good moderator.

No one will know who got votes, it will just give the mods an idea on who 'we' think would be good at it.

Then the mods can decide who to add to the list of moderators. If the person wants to that is, cause its a hard job.

Mrs I

xxx

Lol. I am a mod on another forum and it's pretty cruisy, there's not too much fighting or anything so it's usually just housekeeping stuff - moving threads, closing threads, deleting spam, yada yada. But why anyone would want to be a mod on APS is completely beyond me :shock: :lol: Sooo much bickering, petty arguments, idiots trying to cause trouble, etc...

The current mods do a great job but I do think it's a lot of work for just a couple of people to manage. And more often than not, it's impossible to find a mod online when you need one.

If we (the members) vote for who we think should be Moderators, some bad people might give lots of votes to their friends.
But if, say the Moderators gave a list of people that they thought sutible and then we voted for them, that might possibly work better.

I agree Mr Bredli, the sight has been a bit out of control lately.. some control needs to be in place

I have to agree Mr Bredli, 3 mods for such a huge forum is just not cutting it. Unfortunately IMO there are not very many active members suitable to be a mod,well not many that have not had any probs with other members or mods on this forum.How have the mods on APS been chosen in the past?

Allowing members to vote for new moderators generally ends up as little more than a popularity contest.

I also think it's a good idea for any newly-appointed moderators (assuming the Admin and other mods decided to go down that path) should be placed on a trial basis to begin with.

I initially thought that Brendan would make a good mod but he is prone to petty bias and prejudices. He is abusive, rude and thinks we should all be like him. Oh, thats me!
He does though hold unswaying loyalty to the site. To the point of jingoism if our corespondence is anything to go by. I think I have already sent Slateman a pm to the effect a few months ago.
Jamie would never be a mod as he is just plain spiteful.

I agree, the mod must be unbiased and hold no prejudices... Perhaps the mod should be selected by the administrator or other mods... they will know more about most members and be able to show good judgement I am sure...

i'll be a good mod, most of the members already hate me, so that will cut out half the work needed to become a good mod, :lol::lol::lol::lol:

vote for me................... :lol:

most of the members already hate me

that may well be true ponybug :lol:

But having you as a mod would no doubt turn APS into a Coastal Carpet Lovers Club / ponybug fanclub and other members would suggest bias towards those members (imo)

Having you as a moderator (imo) would / could lead to more conflict and disharmony on the site than we have now ;) and I"m sure thats not what you would want.

(no offence intended ponybug, just putting forward an opinion)

I think anyone holding moderator status should hold no 'affiliations' (as far as humanly possible) to any particular groups, people of factions on a site. They should be respected, have a decent knowledge of reptiles and be able to deal with situations fairly and without favour or predudice.

Personally I think the moderators that we have do a pretty good job. Sure there has been some conflcts of late, but thats not their fault. If members were nicer to each other without the petty bickering that goes on sometimes maybe APS wouldn't need more moderation ;)

I don't consider myself a candidate or wish to hold the job myself by the way :D

Mods definately need to be unbiased, no doubt about that. It can't be someone who would 'take sides' in an argument. When I was first appointed mod on another site, I got into petty arguments with certain members that I had personal issues with. I was swiftly told (by the senior mods) to pull my head in. Now I'm a good girl :D When you're a mod, you represent the site in everything you say and do. Something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back