Moderate Me!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
colin if you seriously think i'd even take the job you have to be kidding, you for one should know what mods have to put up with, and as a former mod on another site and the current owner of another site i'd be the last one putting his hand up, i take my hat of to the 3 mods on this site, with all the stuff they put up with...........

some people really need to get over themselves,

as for this coastal carpet lovers club, again you guys need to get over yourselves, i just laugh at the amount that have added anti coastal things to their signiture but they run me down for having it in mine,

since when was it a crime to like coastals, ????? i thought they were one of the most widely kept species and the most common python kept in our hobby, captive and wild............

i have not been on the site long, however i have come across a few times mods need to be bought in. wtg mr bredli for standing up to bring about change.

i take my hat of to the 3 mods on this site, with all the stuff they put up with...........

Yes they do put up with alot of crap, but no-one forces them to do it, plus there are benifets in being a mod, its like everything in life....you take the rough with the smooth & if you cant accept it then you move on and let someone else take over !

Personally i'd rather scrape out my eyes with a rusty spoon than be a Mod on any site, i have enough stress in my life now without adding more.

Do mods get paid ???
I heard that there on huge bucks ..............lol
Dunno, but someone said they thought they saw Hix walking round a Ferrari show room last week !;)

Last edited:
You could add a few more moderators,
but even still sometimes there would be times nobody was on.

I think if more mods got added Greebo would retire, we dont want that do we :D

i have been a member since 03 with 900 post most of my post go offline to help but i must say to watch some one join and then have 1000 plus post in 6 to 12 months you know there talking crap , have asked to stop a few threads because of discrimination and other things , i am not blameing the mods we have now as they cant be on the site 24/7 but i do think we need to do something and the mods must be of Adult Age as there are afew members that pass them selve off as older than they are , this is supposed to be afamily site lets try and keep it that way
If the mods get afew names and put it to a vote then lets vote for what is best for the site and not for browny points
Mick

but i must say to watch some one join and then have 1000 plus post in 6 to 12 months you know there talking crap

Erm, I have only been a member since May or something (about six months) and I've got 2,000 posts. Does that mean I'm talking crap? Bit of an unfair generalisation if you ask me.

Regardless; it still surprises me that people would actually want to be mods, given the crap they put up with day in and day out :lol:

i have been a member since 03 with 900 post most of my post go offline to help but i must say to watch some one join and then have 1000 plus post in 6 to 12 months you know there talking crap , Mick

oohh, thems fightin words!!!:lol:

personally, i havn't noticed too many posts in need of moderation but i dont spend ALL day on here. since so many people seem to agree with MrB then maybe we do need more mods.
good luck to anyone who want to throw their hat into the ring.

Oh and I should probably point out that the reason I have 2,000+ posts is because I am a typical noob - always asking for help or advice :lol:

I didn't know it was a crime to ask for help or advice on a python forum :shock: :rolleyes: I would have thought it's a good thing to see members being so active on the site... that's what keeps it going, right?

Meh... don't mind me... I'm just talking crap ;)

If the mods get afew names and put it to a vote then lets vote for what is best for the site and not for browny points
Mick

I think this is the best idea to elect new mods, is that how it's been done in the past?

i have been a member since 03 with 900 post most of my post go offline to help but i must say to watch some one join and then have 1000 plus post in 6 to 12 months you know there talking crap , have asked to stop a few threads because of discrimination and other things , i am not blameing the mods we have now as they cant be on the site 24/7 but i do think we need to do something and the mods must be of Adult Age as there are afew members that pass them selve off as older than they are , this is supposed to be afamily site lets try and keep it that way
Mick
i know what u mean there mick! someone joined last month and already has 300+ posts

even though you may be relatively new MissB you seem pretty sensible and I think you'd make a good moderator.

In addition, you stated earlier your already a moderator on another unrelated site so know whats required and have experience.
your always on here as well...

so how about it :D would you be interested ? I'd vote for you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back