....momentous moment!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missilly

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Pebble has eaten :)

Heated pinkie, let her wait till she woke up and was roaming around she was unimpressed right up until I tapped her lightly with it and she slowly moved toward and took!!! Started to constrict and a few seconds later it was gone!!! Bout time, the previous owner said it was her feeding day when we bought her I was a little worried (as new parents can be) that she wasn't eating sure enough happy days!!!!

Ps. Okay smart people, how do you know when your snake is full and doesn't want anymore? I don't want to over feed her just worried she might still be hungry

Cheers Missilly

Bob let's me know he's hungry by moving around tasting everything. He will smell the roof of his viv by extending his body the 40cm to the roof and sniffing along ? of the roof or he will sit on his log in the strike pose, sometimes alternating between the two.

He was feeding weekly until 3 weeks ago where he rejected a rat and then a week later rejected it again, he was fed again on Monday and happily smashed a jumbo rat in under 5 minutes.

From what I've read on here, feeding one large meal is better than a few smaller ones. I don't profess to be a snake whisperer though :)

I find the easiest way for new snake owner to gauge food size is weigh your snake and roughly feed it 15% of its body weight but don't feed it again until it has a few days actively hunting around the enclosure for foods described by MrVic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back