Monitors / Goannas / Varanids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great enclosure Daniel...looks very clean also...and I'd say that they're Universal Rocks?

Simon Archibald

Yes simon,I done well at one of universal rocks seconds sales,the perenties love them.

DC do you have any other pics of enclosures? or other monitors?

Yes I've bought a few seconds from Universal...theres never a need to buy it brand-new!!! The Perenties look in fantastic condition.

Simon Archibald

Pics

Hugsta,
I havent breed the mangroves yet.
I dont think they have been bred in Aust ?
Mertins usaly sell for $600 in the shop.
Captive bred Mangroves, I dont know what I will sell them for yet.

DC,
That Perentie set - up is what I dream of setting up one day!
Top job, I recond you would spend some time watching them beasts!
How are you going with breeding them?

Pike,
Nice Tristis!
Mine are fairly shy & they eat heaps but there good looking monitors.

Has anyone any details on who keeps Varanus glauerti?
Theres not much info on them?

Cheers,
Jason Lapins

DC that set up is absolutely awesome :eek: !!!!!!! How long did it take you to put it together

Absolutely brillant DC/Reptile city....awesome; my heads starting to ache!!!
It's great to see passionate keepers; who supply the best they can afford, to house the larger species...Large Varanids, are in a league of their own; truely remarkable animals....well done to all those that try to give them a pleasurable existance.....

Jason
I have hatchling perenties available at the momment

DC said:
Yes simon,I done well at one of universal rocks seconds sales,the perenties love them.

A couple went up on the Herp Trader this morning. They have got to be one of the cutest goannas as babies. They are $4k each but previous listings for Perenties at much higher prices have never lasted long before being marked sold.

Thanks for the info reptilecity.

Great perentie setup as all have said previously DC. It obvioulsy works well if they are breeding for you.

Daniel, you're doing really well. Your setup is awesome and you deserve the breeding success you're having now!

Jason, Tim Mensforth and Neil Charles bred mangrove monitors and some of the offspring were made available to the general public. Gavin bedford has glauerti and I believe they're available for the right price. If he hasn't already, I'm sure he'll have success in breeding them soon as well.

Matt
http://www.users.on.net/~jbonnett/

Great pictures everyone! I would love to keep lacies (or perenties if I could afford such a spectacular setup! But for people like me with limited space, Pygmy Mulga Monitors are fantastic! :) Here are some I produced last season

tenjuvenilegillenilatejanuary2005.jpg

I now have four clutches in the incubator :D

I love the caudolineatus (a subspecies of gilleni as far as I'm concerned), I'm dying to get some, but it seems I'm going to have to move interstate to do it!

This thread is like watching a docco on Monitirs. What they look like and more importantly, the best monitir enclosure in the world!!! The zoos whoul dcheck that out DC. When you told me you converted a garage I had no idea what you meant. Well done mate.

Hi Simon
i had a nice heathy but sold it to some goanna lover ( thanks)
just got the lacey bells and goulds left sold all the others just doing mostly tiger snakes now and the odd inland and coastal tiapan
mick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back