Moving advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chloe.j.f

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So I bought a bredli yesterday and she was housed in a temp enclosure, I moved her just then into her permanent one and she freaked when I handled her, instead of thinking in the moment and handling her till she calmed down I put her straight in the new enclosure, should I get her out and show her I’m not going to hurt her or just leave her alone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving a snake into a larger space can be a massive shock. Chances are you have moved the snake into what she considers to be an extremely hostile environment.

Without any details it is hard to say much more, but generally it is best to keep younger snakes in small containers if you are new to keeping them.

What should I do?? Move her back and leave her there for 3 weeks then move her??

She’s currently exploring, god damn it I should’ve left it

Should I move her back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't panic... As long as there are good places to hide she should be fine.

Okay, I set the small one back up and held her for 10 minutes, she calmed right down. Success. I’ll leave her in this small one for abit a month or two. Thanks! Stupid impulse decision [emoji23]

It is better just to leave them alone, keep her in the small enclosure untill she is feeding and 'happy'. Most carpet pythons lose fear of humans as they get bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back