Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing david..beautiful pics ..i love how green tree frogs are the most common critter in some places but they always pose beautifuly,for the best pics..
The stephan's and the small eyed are well caught to..
Cheers

Thanks, everyone, for the comments. I had no idea that this was such a busy site! This past summer, I have been fortunate enough to go on quite a few herping trips so I will post these reports over the next few weeks.

aspidites -- driving over the top of Mt. Glorious was quite exciting on each of my three drives. The road in that area was hard to see due to the low clouds and rain. At least it is well painted so I would concentrate on the white lines to stay on the road.

Henry,
I will post more reports soon. Good to see you again!

dazza,
Thanks for the info about how to identify the skink. That is useful info and I will look more closely next time. The macro-mode on my camera is not sharp enough to see this. What problem are you having with the photos? Will they not display? They are linked from photobucket so if there is something in particular that you want to see, right mouse on the photo (or where it should be displayed) and cut/paste the url.

lozza,
Thanks for the id. If it is a M. fleayi, it would be a new one for me. I had the impression that M. fleayi is rare. Do you know its status?

ryan,
Finding the herps is more luck than anything. I went out 3 times -- once was very good, once moderate and on one trip, I did not see much at all. Some of the geckos were on the road, others were found when I walked around likely looking areas like outcrops, picnic sites and the like.

ricardo,
I use a Panasonic FZ30 and then software for "dark-room" processing.

Ozzie Python,
Bandy-bandies are great little snakes. Sometime, they can put on an incredible display. This was a smaller individual from the Warrumbungle area a year ago:
bandy1.jpg

bandy2.jpg

bandy4.jpg

Thanks for the comments, ssssnakeman. Good to see you here.

Regards,
David

how do you find so much if you ever need some one to tag a long ill be there nice pics

lozza,
Thanks for the id. If it is a M. fleayi, it would be a new one for me. I had the impression that M. fleayi is rare. Do you know its status?

M. fleayi are classed as Endangered by the Federal, NSW & QLD gov. It is a great find if it is indeed M. fleayi :D
I have seen many M. fasciolatus and it doesn't look like one to me, but I'm no expert ;)
I had to write a paper on the genus last year for uni but it was mainly on conservation not taxonomy.

Thanks for sharing moloch05, your photos are tops! I especially liked the big head on the old coastal and the bandy bandies, beautiful examples!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back