New Tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakes

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to reptiles but already addicted. Have two bearded dragons, Puff and Smoke. Just finished building a new enclosure for them and wondering what everyone thinks.

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

Looks great, well done. Only one point: get rid of the fake grass, and get them on sand (the playsand from Bunnings is one of the best). You will need to put in a barrier to stop the sand falling out every time you open the enclosure.

Looks great, well done. Only one point: get rid of the fake grass, and get them on sand (the playsand from Bunnings is one of the best). You will need to put in a barrier to stop the sand falling out every time you open the enclosure.

Mind if I ask why? I'm only new to reptiles but I originally put the grass in cause I had read that substrate wasn't advisable for baby dragons. But I've found it to be a great alternative as I have two sheets, so I can swap them daily and disinfect and hose out the soiled one. The grass has a very small nap and I've never seen either dragon eat any while trying to get a cricket and they make cleaning the tank so very easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The grass is ok but it will start to smell after a while no matter how well you clean it.
The sand is better for the dragon's claws.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats big! Looks really good but i dont like the fake grass either it does start to smell after awhile

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking good. I'd add some fake cacti and other artificial plants too. Keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back