Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz111

Reaction score
Hey Team

My Fiance and I have been looking at getting a snake for a while now and have decided to go ahead and get one.
Have been doing a bit of research but there is alot of info and it seems to vary a wee bit. We are looking at getting a Stimson so was just wondering what the ideal size enclosure would be? I understand this all depends on age which leads me to my next question. What age is best to get hatch or yearling?
Appreciate any help.

Regards
Dave

[MENTION=42315]Muzz111[/MENTION] aka Dave. A Stimson, spotted or childerns make fantastic first snakes. Dont grow huge and daunting. They tend to handle well also.. can get some really good purpose bred (of patterns/colours) cage wise i held mine in cages around 500sq and 600 to 800mm high.. a bit of a centre peice for the lounge room etc... good luck. Best thing you've done is join this forum..

Cheers for the welcome and info.
Have been looking about and an ad popped up for the RSPCA. Thoughts on adopting one Pros/Cons? Readimg a few of there bios and seeing pics and vids they all seem to handle well.
With the Mrs being a Vets Nurse back home in NZ have always been a fan of adopting as it gives pets another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back