Ozzy says Hi!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member on this site and am looking forward to reading and learning more about reptiles etc as I look around.

I am very new to reptiles in general, and have only started looking seriously (and rather excitedly) at snakes in the past couple of weeks. My licence application is being processed and I am already looking at various enclosures and considering the best fit out for what will probably be a Childrens Python.

As a result of my newbieness to the reptile world, I'm looking for places in South East Qld I can find a snake as Toowoomba pet shops seem to be particularly unhelpful. So any information in that regard would be most welcome!

Anyway, it's great to now be a member of this site and being able to participate in discussions about these amazing creatures.

Cheers,

Ozzy

Welcome 2 the site ozzy.If u need any help just ask.

Welcome Ozzy,
There are quite a few places that sell reptiles around Brisbane. There is Just reptiles at Booval.
Ask some people on here rr check out the for sale section here, you might find some.
You will have to wait for your licence to be approved first :D
Cheers
Rob

Welcome, you should find this place very informative, entertaining and even addictive. I know I do. Also Childrens are a good choice for your first python I reckon, and you should be able to find a good local breeder on here or one of the links here (herp shop seems like a good classifieds to me).

welcome NooB, i'm in brissie if ya need any local info.

as said above, children's pythons are a healthy first choice. i wouldn't suggest going to pet shops though, you'd be better to find a local breeder, (i know of some) they will sell you a hatchie for half the price as petshops. and you'll get more vital info.

Thanks guys!
I'm very aware that I need to wait for the license, but the suspense is killing me and if I'm looking around for things it kind of helps me forget that I am waiting. :D

Yes Rennie, this site can be rather addictive, I have already spent many hours reading things and enjoying some of the conversations that have occured.

I think I agree that a breeder is the best bet, and I'll just use the various internet pet trading sites and wait till I can find a good snake at a good price from someone not too far from home.

Thanks again,

Ozzy

Hey Ozzy.

Welcome. I spent some time in the wings just watching and reading before I got up the courage to join and once I did just LOVED being able to ask questions of my own!

Ditto with everyone else on the Childrens python. I have a couple and one of them shed right in front of me this morning as I was on line. I tried to send in pics, but Im bad with anything with buttons!

Cheers, Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back