Peruvian Amazon 2 -- Madre Selva Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tawny Forest Racer has round pupils, so it's probably diurnal, but the Blunt Headed Tree snake does look nocturnal though.
Norris, You are correct that the Tawny Forest Racer is diurnal
Thanks for the correction Norris & David, I always just associated eye & pupil size to being nocturnal, not necessarily pupil shape. Always something new to learn! Cheers

Thanks, all.

ReptilianGuy,
I will have many more snake pics in one of the Santa Cruz posts in a week or so.

Gordo,
I saw a few lizards and many frogs. The next post will include these animals. I won't post again until I am back in Australia next week. Today, I met Jeff Lemm of the San Diego Wildlife Park. I have communicated with him before and Jeff kindly took me around the park and showed me his study sites. It is winter in souther California but the temps are warm. We saw 5 species of snakes including 2 rattlesnakes and 6 species of lizards. I will post photos of these eventually along with shots of his rare iguanas (Blue, Rock, Jamaican) that he is breeding.

Regards,
David

Absolutely fantastic mate, thanks for sharing.

Great pics, very jealous. Will definitely get to Peru one day, this is just another thing on the list to see.
If I'm not mistaken, I saw, and have pics of a Spotted Water Snake (Helicops leopardinus) in Austin, TX, from when I was there a few months ago.
Couldn't identify it, but recognised immediately when I saw your photo.

Didn't think people would mind the reviva l:)
Stunning thread.

Last edited:
Now this thread revival is def worth seeing...I could go on and on about the images, jaw droppers for sure.

Agreed Smithers, I certainly enjoyed looking through the amazing pictures again.

This is a great thread revival. I missed it the first time. Extraordinary photos - thanks for posting them!

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing photos David. What a trip that must have been, to so many gorgeous animals, you lucky buggar. Thanks for sharing, awesome stuff.

AS always David, stunning photos.

If anyone is interested in finding animals like this, give me a PM.
I did a herp survey in Peru (Tambopata, Madre De Dios) in 2004. I am still in touch with everyone there and the project is still going strong.
I loved the whole experience and will be returning as soon as the wife lets me.

Cheers

JD

WOW! :D This thread has just brightened up my day after enduring another cold and miserable day in Melbourne.
Absolutely spectacular snakes and photos.
Love them all but particularly the Rusty Whip, Big-headed Snail-eating, Big-headed Tree and Liana Snakes.
Cant wait to see the Santa Cruz pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back