PICS - Wild High Yellow Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeypython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'Day,

I was called out to this little fella yesterday - He found his way into someones bin.

The guy who called was happy to have him around once he knew the snake was harmless. I released the snake back into his garden.

It seems more and more poeple are becoming snake friendly (although there are still the shovel badits!) I have been to several snake call outs this month and all have been happy to have a non-venemous snake around - they just wanted to know what it was.

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• High yellow diamond 4-Mt Colah-Nov06 Web.JPG
    High yellow diamond 4-Mt Colah-Nov06 Web.JPG
    334.9 KB · Views: 262
  • High yellow diamond 6-Mt Colah-Nov06WEB.JPG
    High yellow diamond 6-Mt Colah-Nov06WEB.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 262
Wow - that's an amazing looking diamond.... Almost looks too good to be a wild one (although I am not suggesting anything here).

It's wonderful to hear people are coming snake friendly. I hope that this moves across the board!

good work! i wish i had wild pythons in my yard! kinda in the wrong state for that tho! lol

Very nice diamond, it has some rather elongated rosettes too, which if it is a pure wild diamond, would disprove the opinions I've heard that rosettes over 6-8 scales in size indicate some mixed blood or an intergrade.

it has some rather elongated rosettes too, which if it is a pure wild diamond, would disprove the opinions I've heard that rosettes over 6-8 scales in size indicate some mixed blood or an intergrade.

I've heard the same thing somewhere else........but it's close enough to be called a diamond IMO :lol:

What an awesome looking diamond, especially from the wild!

Thanks for posting the pics Honeypython :)
They're well taken too. :D
That Diamond sure is beautiful & sure is pure IMO.

"Very nice diamond, it has some rather elongated rosettes too, which if it is a pure wild diamond, would disprove the opinions I've heard that rosettes over 6-8 scales in size indicate some mixed blood or an intergrade."
Rennie, I agree that it's a rather dubious feature to use to determine whether a Diamond is pure or not :rolleyes:
I've seen many a pure wild Diamond that's had elongate & saddled rosettes*.
Definitely not a reliable characteristic IMO.

* Saddling in pure Diamonds occurs mainly in the front part of the body. If it occurrs much futher down or all the way down it can be an indicator of impurity IMO.
Anterior lateral "pinstripes" are quite common in pure wild Diamonds too and as above, if it continues for most, if not all the way down, then its also probably an artificialX/hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a screamer! here in the UK diamonds are really expensive because they are hard to breed.

zen - Unfortunately we can't see the back of it in those pics. Still a stunning diamond in my opinion, no matter what anyone says!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back