Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've got a beautiful picture of a very special dragon and its the one album i can't find! Very frustratin! I'll have a better look later tonight!

geckphotographer ungrateful little sods arent they? one would think they would appreciate it

i get the same reaction from the stumpies as well :lol:

but i dont mind at least i know they are tick free, no longer thirsty and a safe distance from cars

its funny in spring with the stumpies playing trains, the male following his girl just like a train carriage :D, gotta grab both of them, im a little more careful now where i hold one while im checking the other one out :oops:

IzzyBeardieLover that's a cute baby skink! :D :D So adorable! I'll be waiting for that picture of a special dragon :p

@ GeckPhotographer how pretty is he!!! :O Look at that yellow in his mouth, so cool!! That's P. barbata isn't it?

@ Jeannine - that "stumpy train carriage" sounds hilarious :D :D :D I can almost imagine them going choo choooo! LOL :D

Last edited:
Did the V. gouldi manage to swallow him whole?
Don't know. While I was there the goudli refused to move and just held onto the dragon. Every so often the beardy would feebly struggle. At one stage I had even hidden myself 100 meters away but the goanna wasn't fooled. In the end I left as I was under the impression I was extending the breardies "experience"

Here's a couple of wildies.

This one was taken early April, happily sunning himself at Bellbrook on Mid-North Coast, NSW.
083-3.jpg

080-3.jpg

This pair I spotted during summer on rock on a dirt road out back Crescent Head.
073.jpg

Last edited:
how pretty is he!!! :O Look at that yellow in his mouth, so cool!! That's P. barbata isn't it?

Certainly is. Here is a pretty headshot of P.vitticeps that is not fully grown. My dad took this particular shot PC202826.jpg

Thanks atrax he was very cute! I'll put the picture up today :)

Here is a picture of a beautiful Boyd's forest dragon that i saw in the Daintree :) Sorry about the bad quality it is a scanned image from when we didn't have digital cameras haha :)

Scan4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, great pictures guys!! I LOVE them all, it's so cool to see them in "wilds"! :D

@mysnakesau - great shots, look at those two beardies on a rock, what a camouflage 8) :O Amazing! An one on the branch is hilarious too! :D hehe

@stressproof - lol, what a cool little guy, thanks for posting a pic of him!

@IzzyBeardieLover- that is one beautiful Boyd's draggie there, great shot!

You guys are great, I'm very thankful for these pics as I probably won't see a wild beardie in my entire life.

I reckon you should come to Australia :) they're pretty common here and it is great to see them in the wild! Most of them are jet black and when they open their mouths and puff their beards an amazing sight! Yeah the Boyd's are gorgeous and he was just stunning! :)

Common here?
Try living in Melbourne, I've only ever seen Weasel Skinks in the wild.

Plimpy thats such a shame! :( In NSW i've seen so many! Brown snakes, red bellies, red eyed tree frogs, dwarf tree frogs, just those common brown frogs haha not sure what they're called..., heaps of blue tongues!, these other skinks that are everywhere, tiger snakes, long necked turtles, bearded dragons and leaf tailed geckos :) move up here if you wanna see more reps :)

What's CND?:oops::oops:[/QUOTE]

hehe Central Netted Dragon i was more asking kaotikjezta coz i saw in his signature he owns them...if you do pm me and let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back