Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats ok least I know better what he might be, I was pleased just to see him and he stopped to watch me, I got so close I could almost touch him :D took that pic with my phone

DSCF5275.jpg
DSCF5275.jpg

where is he?

DSCF5269.jpg

here he is
DSCF5282.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

Few shots of a wild Beardie I saw in my grndprent garden :)
215579_10150230942162952_573302951_8647830_7232847_n.jpg

215579_10150230942167952_573302951_8647831_1845816_n.jpg

215579_10150230942172952_573302951_8647832_4427251_n.jpg

215579_10150230942177952_573302951_8647833_7708653_n.jpg

215579_10150230942182952_573302951_8647834_2619280_n.jpg

All these pics are so cool!! :D I thank you all very much for them!!!:)

Is that a wild beardie you're holding in the first pic Jannine?

NakePimp your looks ferocious, and look at those yellows and blacks! :)

@Kitah - that looks like a sub-adult or even a juvenile dragon, he so cute, love his color :)

Beardies are really cool lizards, they have so much personality. =)

Last edited:
Now, Atrax1207....

Maybe you could post some pics of reptiles native to Slovenia? :)

I don't have any pics of them, since it's still cold here at the moment. But as soon as it gets a bit warmer I'll go herping and see what I can get. :)
But I'll try to find few pics of our native reptiles. :)

P.S.: I have some

We call these "zelenec" that would be "greenie" in english or Latin Lacerta bilineata
lacertaviridis6cx.jpg

Salamandra salamandra Linnaeus
srckane-zivalce-mocerad-precka-cesto_17370281_17373592_17428777.jpg

European common lizard, Lacerta agilis Natrix natrix
149916.jpg

male in breeding colors
sand-lizard.jpg

These are the only two venomous snakes in Slovenia:

Vipera berus - I think you call these Black Adder
60136340.jpg

Vipera ammodytes
modras1.jpg

Non-venomous snakes

We call these "Belouška", Latin Natrix natrix, common English names are as follows: grass snake, ringed snake or water snake, and two common European lizards right next to snakes heating up at the start of a new day
2_belouske_kuscarja_2009_07140032.jpg

3_iz_oci_v_oci2009_07140031.jpg

!These pics are not mine!

Hope you'll enjoy them! :)

Last edited:
Since when? :lol:
Bearded Dragons are not hard to find. However they have good years and bad years, around the year 2000 they were super common around south east Queensland but have numbers dropped off considerably since. Hopefully the rains will provide a few good seasons.
Oh - and a few photos, they are great subjects

Attachments

• Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_06.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_06.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_09.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_09.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_14.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_14.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_17.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_CentralBeardedDragon_17.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_EasternBeardedDragon_05.jpg
    Animals_Reptiles_Lizards_Dragons_EasternBeardedDragon_05.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 76
Aww, poor beardie in the second pic :(

Yes, beardies are great photo subjects and photogenic too! :D
Thanks for posting your pics!
I hope you'll have some good weather for these guys to thrive again. I have a soft spot for beardies, they are so cute! :)

Last edited:
I don't have any pics of them, since it's still cold here at the moment. But as soon as it gets a bit warmer I'll go herping and see what I can get. :)
But I'll try to find few pics of our native reptiles. :)

P.S.: I have some

We call these "zelenec" that would be "greenie" in english or Latin Lacerta bilineata
lacertaviridis6cx.jpg

Salamandra salamandra Linnaeus
srckane-zivalce-mocerad-precka-cesto_17370281_17373592_17428777.jpg

European common lizard, Lacerta agilis Natrix natrix
149916.jpg

male in breeding colors
sand-lizard.jpg

These are the only two venomous snakes in Slovenia:

Vipera berus - I think you call these Black Adder
60136340.jpg

Vipera ammodytes
modras1.jpg

Non-venomous snakes

We call these "Belouška", Latin Natrix natrix, common English names are as follows: grass snake, ringed snake or water snake
2_belouske_kuscarja_2009_07140032.jpg

3_iz_oci_v_oci2009_07140031.jpg

!These pics are not mine!

Hope you'll enjoy them! :)

Great photos Atrax.
Wish we had Salamanda here...
LOVE the Zelenec and Vipera Berus.

Thanks for sharing them!

Atrax yes it is, they are everywhere here, i live in Outback Australia so seeing lizards is common especially in spring and summer, hubby will often stop the car when were out and about driving so i can remove a lizard of some sort off the road to a safer spot :D

in spring its usually pairs i am removing, i pick them up, check for ticks and remove any and relocate a safe distance from the road, i had a pair of stumpy tails last spring i was checking over and i was checking the female and temporarily forget about the male and he gave me a rather nasty nip in a rather embarrassing spot :oops: ungrateful sod :lol:

a few years back we had really hot weather and it was very dry and as we have dogs in the car we always have a container and water so i was also offering them water, quite a few enjoyed drinks of nice cool water before going on their merry way

Great photos Atrax.
Wish we had Salamanda here...
LOVE the Zelenec and Vipera Berus.

Thanks for sharing them!

Salamanders are quite common here, though recently I've been seeing them less and less. :(
I like Vipera berrus too, they look great! :)
Zelenec is quite common too, but they are extremely skittish, so it's hard to get a decent photo of those buggers. :D

Atrax yes it is, they are everywhere here, i live in Outback Australia so seeing lizards is common especially in spring and summer, hubby will often stop the car when were out and about driving so i can remove a lizard of some sort off the road to a safer spot :D

in spring its usually pairs i am removing, i pick them up, check for ticks and remove any and relocate a safe distance from the road, i had a pair of stumpy tails last spring i was checking over and i was checking the female and temporarily forget about the male and he gave me a rather nasty nip in a rather embarrassing spot :oops: ungrateful sod :lol:

a few years back we had really hot weather and it was very dry and as we have dogs in the car we always have a container and water so i was also offering them water, quite a few enjoyed drinks of nice cool water before going on their merry way

That's great, I love the fact that you stop to help these amazing animals, I do it too. That stumpy tail nip made me laugh :D :D hope it wasn't too bad. :)
They let you give them water and not run before you get your bottle out?!? How cool is that! :D

Last edited:
That stumpy tail nip made me laugh :D :D hope it wasn't too bad.

nah not too bad, i was just glad i didnt have a dr's appointment that would leave me explaining a bruise on the boob :oops:

i hold one in one hand while i undo the bottle and fill the water bowl with the other hand, once they realise what im offering them they usually are happy to stay there and have a drink

That stumpy tail nip made me laugh :D :D hope it wasn't too bad.

nah not too bad, i was just glad i didnt have a dr's appointment that would leave me explaining a bruise on the boob :oops:

i hold one in one hand while i undo the bottle and fill the water bowl with the other hand, once they realise what im offering them they usually are happy to stay there and have a drink

Aww that's so cute! :) You rock!!! ;)

A couple of pics of a "local" lad...!

Attachments

• WildBeardie-1.jpg
    WildBeardie-1.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 126
  • WildBeardie-2.jpg
    WildBeardie-2.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 143
Hahahaha, "local lad" so cool! Look at him sunbathing!! :D :D Soooo awesome!
Thanks for sharing it's much appreciated! :D

I've seen so many but i've never had the camera! Also seen billions of frogs! And lots and lots and lots of skinks (esp. blueys)! Also the amount of snakes i've seen is scary...haha saw one at the creek the other day almost positive it was a brown snake (eek!) I've been taking my camera round since and i'm trying to organise a holiday into western NSW so i can go herping! Also we have a leaf tailed gecko who lives in our garage...must get a picture of him! (as soon as he shows up again...) When i was little i asked my mum for a container (she just expected me to catch some bugs) but in fact i came back with 2 beautiful baby blue tongues! Took a few snaps and put them back! (that was back in the day when i wasn't aware that they have a harmful bite haha!) I'll try and scan some of the pictures to put up! I've actually been lucky with the amount of encounters i've had...my cousin nearly ran over a tiger snake last summer...was very scary! Sadly the only photo i could find of wild reptiles was this one (a little skink [thats a 5c piece] who was in our kitchen!)
DSC09328.jpg

he was so tiny! I'll try and get some photos up soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back