Poo identification - snake, gecko or something else?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously i have chooks.. they crap like that 50 times a day.... bird of some kind for sure..

... and the occasional pelican is seen.

I take it from this that you've never actually experienced pelican crap. I suggest taking a drive to Redcliffe and crossing the bridge back and forth until you do. You will find that pelicans crap about 12L of stuff at a time, making it very recognisable! ;)

I promise I'll make less weird threads from now on. :)

Despite all the comedy, it's nice to se you're optimistic and open to future poo posts :p

In all seriousness, it is most likely a bird - I thought you could have been close to the mark with the ibis guess.

Morning all, thanks for the ongoing suggestions. I think we're getting closer to ID'ing what did this. I'll be keeping a close eye on next door's chooks for starters.

As for the other bird theories, I'm still unsure. I've not seen an ibis in the garden for months - I'm out there quite a bit as my little boy is very keen on playing outside. However, I wasn't aware that birds had uric acid similar to reptiles.

@BadNewsSham - sorry, I wasn't suggesting that it was some sort of super-gecko! I was merely saying it looked similar but obviously much larger, so I was guessing that the blue-tongued skink I've seen around might have been responsible. Thanks very much for the book recommendation. I prob will end up checking it out just to satisfy my curiosity.

I'll update this thread if I discover anything else to report. Thanks again to all of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back