Pygmy python/ant hill python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danyjv

Reaction score
Hello all . An add just came up for a Pygmy python 3 year old male for sale near me, it’s going for $300 which I thought was a fair price. If they don’t have any paper work or there not a breeder how can I positively tell that it is what it’s meant to be? I know what there meant to look like but wanted to know if there was a way of telling 100% it’s a Pygmy python. Thanks in advance
512a70a023c5efe6b0b7caa386b6882b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, in snakes there are rarely any "pedigrees" as such except for locality, morph or selectively bred. It looks like a pygmy - they should have a license anyway, so there should be some paperwork. Common sense can be used in buying and selling reptiles: you'll probably know if the buyer doesn't have a pygmy python. Ask some questions, but from the pic it looks like a pygmy python.

You're not going to know any more than if it was a jungle or a coastal etc. All you can do is check their licence/permit with the authorities, and ask the seller the provenance of the snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back