Pygmy Python Heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foozil

Reaction score
G'day,

I'm getting an adult (60cm) pygmy python soon, and I would like to house him in an aprox. 60Lx40Wx40H cm wooden/ melamine enclosure? Would this be an ok size? Also, what heating should I use? I'm not looking to spend too much on heating because I have limited Christmas money left ( :p ) but I do want the best for the animal and don't want to cut corners. If I use a heat lamp, can I leave it on all night? or will the light disrupt the animal?

Thanks heaps,
Izak

You don't need night time heat. That size tank you might have trouble with a heat gradient (warm and cool ends). If you haven't already got the tank, go up a size to a 80 or 90cm tank. That will do it for life. If you're on a budget, use globes rather than a CHE. Philips brand spot globes from Bunnings are the cheapest.

Not sure on the size for viv but A thermostat controlled ceramic bulb may be better as it doesn’t produce light and on a thermostat it won’t over heat your snake , the snake wouldn’t be too happy with a light on 24/7 they wouldn’t get that in there natural habitat

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks @pinefamily and @richyboa72 . Would I be able to use the 60Lx40Wx40H cm enclosure if I put some kind of barrier between the heat spot and the cool spot? e.g wood, rocks. If not I should be able to find a larger sized enclosure :)

or could I run some heat cord through the bottom of the enclosure and cover it with some ply wood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back