Question about a single strange scale

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkavan

Reaction score
Hey guys!
So I was just handling my Stimson when I noticed what looked like a single old scale on him. It had a couple of tiny patches in it that I could see the regular brown band beneath so my best guess is that it just didn't come off when he shed. Touching it didn't bother him so I don't think it's hurting him at all, but I just want to make sure there's nothing nefarious going on there
b1deb3270a44187dd663d6878cdb9e54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the surface somewhat wrinkled? Because if so it would be similar to what my jungle sometimes gets. However after he shed it cleared up completely, although it will pop up again occasionally. I'd keep an eye on it, see if it spreads and what it's like after he sheds. I'm guessing that if it's an old scale like you suggested, a shed or two should clear it up fine.

A bit yes, sorry my phone wouldn't focus close enough to it to show it off. That was my first thought but I know incomplete shedding can be a sign of bad stuff so I wanted to check it was alright if it was just the one scale.
I will! He's due to shed again in the next few weeks since he's still really young, I'll keep a check on it and see if it goes when he sheds
Thank you so much <3 I'm a huge worrier and I just wanted to make sure he was ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=42110]Malkavan[/MENTION] Don't worry about it haha, from the image provided I guessed what it was. And you were right to check, as shedding problems can indicate bigger issues, but I don't suspect that this is one.
Good to hear he will be shedding soon, let us know if there are any changes.
Your welcome glad I could help :) I'm pretty paranoid about my snakes too, never hurts to ask for advice, good that you notice these small things.
Best of luck,

[MENTION=41820]pythoninfinite[/MENTION], was just saying how mine had the same issue and shedding cleared it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back