question?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knobtailedgecko

Not so new Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what exactly you need in an enclosure for a knob tailed gecko?

if you dont necessarily need something please dont put it in or i will go buy it ;) :eek:

cheers all sam

An enclosure with plenty of floor room, don't worry about height to much either heat lamp if you are that way inclined I proffered sub floor heating. An inch and a half to two of sand, and plenty of small hides. Be aware you will need to mist the sand a few times to get it to harden a little as they like to burrow into the sand. Others with more experience may have other opinions but this basic set up has worked well for me.

Haven't all the other threads and all the care sheets you've been given give you the answer? They need sloping sand, a hide or two and some optional decorations and a heatmat under the tank.

Hey Sam, Have you had any luck hunting down Rob Porters Keeping Australian Geckos yet?

hey mate, actually talking bout it, my mum is going to get it tomorow from the shops, can you rattle off some of the names of the geckos he gives information for?

Nephrurus Levis, Amyae, Dip Galeatus, Stroph Ciliaris,Taenicauda, N.Milii, P. Cavaticus and Lindneri, O.Marmorata, O.Tryoni, P.Platurus, S.Salebrosus, H.Binoei, C.Louisiadensis, P.Lepidopodus. Lialis Burtonis,

All names at time of print ;)

I keep my knobtails in tubs in a rack system. I use 10 litre starmaid tubs. I use a heat cord to heat them to 30C controlled by a pulse thermostat. I use washed playsand as a substrate, 2 cm deep and an up turned terecotta pot base with a hole cut out for a hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back